I have messed up and I was 30lbs down!! :'(

Options
I lost 30lbs in around a year with the last 6 months being my biggest achievement because it had got me into exercise, having completed two 5k runs for charity and slogged my way to week 5 of Insanity and a little into the 30 day shred...

NOW I have f#%ked it all up and after a few different things taking effect on my personal life I am gutted to say I have totally gone back to my slovenly ways and have crept back up from my 182lbs to nearer 190lbs.....

The change in how bloated and **** I feel, not to mention look is really getting to me, the few pounds difference really have made a lot of difference and I am so disappointed in myself.

I started a new job also which means for the first time in my life since school I sit at my desk day in day out and its horrible.

I don't know what to do... I was convinced this time I had managed to change for good...

Looks like I am wrong :frown:

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Take a beep breathe. There are lots of 5k events going on, look for a couple to join. This will give you a goal. Don't beat yourself up go forward.
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Take a beep breathe. There are lots of 5k events going on, look for a couple to join. This will give you a goal. Don't beat yourself up go forward.

Thank you Lizzy :)

That is a good idea, im going to seek one out right now.

A goal will do me the world of good I hope.
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Elaine. I just checked out your diary entries for the past 30 or so days. Little to no exercise, very little water, way too much sugar.

Before you begin to address those things, ask yourself two questions:

1. Do you love yourself?

2. Are you worth the effort to get back on track to where you want to go?

Hopefully, the answer to both of those is a resounding Yes, because loving yourself and believing HARD that you are worth the struggle are of paramount importance.

You know what to do, because you've done it before. Get it back, don't look back, and God bless you on your journey.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You have not fallen off the wagon. You are still on the wagon! Take the reins and drive it where you want it to go. A new day starts now.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I'm sorry:( Feel free to add me as a friend and I promise to be supportive. Just a fair warning first, I do expect support in return and ditch after it is obvious that those on my list are not interested in showing their support. It's only fair, really:)

You can do it, as you have done it before, you just need a little motivation. I liked the idea that one poster gave regarding signing up for a 5 k - perfect!. I am actually learning how to run (just started 2 weeks ago) and started a club in my neighborhood to keep me motivated.

Again, add me if you would like and good luck regardless!
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi Elaine. I just checked out your diary entries for the past 30 or so days. Little to no exercise, very little water, way too much sugar.

1. Do you love yourself?

Hopefully, the answer to both of those is a resounding Yes, because loving yourself and believing HARD that you are worth the struggle are of paramount importance.

You know what to do, because you've done it before. Get it back, don't look back, and God bless you on your journey.

Mdgivens -

Thank you. I have just done the same as you and taken a solid look at what I have been putting into my body.

I have THOUGHT I was doing ok. Quite the contrary.

The sugar and salt levels are really bad. My water levels luckily are something I don't really record but I drink at least a litre and a half a day.

I eat a lot of fruit, which has been a bad move on my part with regards to sugar. And all the low fat cottage cheeses etc have been so high in salt.

Exercise has fallen off the wagon due to a couple of things which have had a large effect on my routine recently.

You are right, both of those answers are yes.

I hope I can do it.

Thank you again. :flowerforyou:
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its only 8 lbs! You have lost 30 lbs! Its really no big deal and do not beat yourself up over it. You can get back into the swing of things! Just let this motivate you more to work harder :) I know stress can be a killer sometimes but just learn from your mistakes and move passed them.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nail on the head! Going through this right now, even stopped recording my food but im back and so are you!!! Lets do this together! We can lose those 7lbs gain and more! Add me!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Use this as your motivation. You feel like crap right now. Do you want to keep feeling like crap? Answer is probably no. You know what it takes to feel better though. Use that as your driving force and dive right back in. It's never too late to start again and get back on track.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

1. Do you love yourself?

Mdgivens -

Thank you. I have just done the same as you and taken a solid look at what I have been putting into my body.

I have THOUGHT I was doing ok. Quite the contrary.

The sugar and salt levels are really bad. My water levels luckily are something I don't really record but I drink at least a litre and a half a day.

I eat a lot of fruit, which has been a bad move on my part with regards to sugar. And all the low fat cottage cheeses etc have been so high in salt.

Exercise has fallen off the wagon due to a couple of things which have had a large effect on my routine recently.

You are right, both of those answers are yes.

I hope I can do it.

Thank you again. :flowerforyou:

DON'T GIVE UP FRUIT BECAUSE OF SUGAR CONTENT!!!

Unless you are diabetic there is absolutely no reason to be concerned about the sugar you are getting from fruits and other natural sources. You should worry if you are going over your sugar with candy, pop, refined sugars, processed foods, etc.
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward...

Tommorow is always new day!
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely beautiful!!! Don't down yourself.. Tomorrow is a new day!! :-)
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You did it before and you can do it again! Don't give up!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you started this and have done a tremendous job. we all have things that happens and it is called life, so I feel ya. I gained back 10 pounds this summer but am now back on track and have lost about 8 of those pounds. things get in the way but you have to make time for yourself and do what is best for you to keep you motivated and on track. I am glad that you posted so you can get extra support and motivation. great job losing 30 pounds. you know what to do don't let life get in the way and don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself the credit that you deserve for starting this journey, for losing 30 and for getting back on track. we are all here for you good luck:flowerforyou:
  • MartiOConnor
    MartiOConnor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has to be more than luck that I ran across this conversation...feeling exactly the same!! We can ALL do it! This is me hopping back on the wagon with you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options

1. Do you love yourself?

:heart: this^^^
  • Rav3n1022
    Rav3n1022 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every body has tough times! You have not messed anything up my dear! Just keep going from where you are! Try again!! Guess what?! Time is going to pass whether you begin again or not, so might as well make it worth it right? You know what you have to do, so do it and dont look back!

Don't beat yourself up, and dont think negative thoughts! You deserve what you want and we all know you can do it! :)

a rough patch doesnt mean that it cant be done again.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    NOW I have f#%ked it all up and after a few different things taking effect on my personal life I am gutted to say I have totally gone back to my slovenly ways and have crept back up from my 182lbs to nearer 190lbs.....

So you've identified it, beaten yourself up about it and want to move on.

You've got some penance to go through as you re-lose the weight you've lost.

But the best thing is that you've spotted it soon enough that it won't take too long to drop the pounds again. Give it 4 weeks and you'll be back to your lowest and can move on from there.

Good luck. Friend request sent.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me too...lost 30 lbs and gained back 10 over the summer months.... re-focusing now. Three steps forward, one step back, here we go forward again.....
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Good for you for catching it early and turning that wagon back around. Also good lesson that to be successful, it's not really the case of losing the weight and then relaxing, there will still be effort involved in maintaining. Envying you your last few pounds to lose, I still have quite a ways to go. Proud of you for reaching out for help as well! You got this!!