Tuna...yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Love Tuna a little mayo over tomato with some bacon on top! One of my favorite lunches
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tuna baked potato is one of my favourite lunches.

Tell me more...
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    mixed with half of an avocado & salt, DELISH

That sounds amazing. Totally trying that for lunch tomorrow.
    mixed with half of an avocado & salt, DELISH

I am going to have to try that!!! Wow...

It's a little dry without the salt so don't forget that.
    It's so good, I did it the first time I had ever bought a can of tuna to try.
    I realized after opening it that I didn't have mayo, sour cream, or yogurt of any kind.
    My only option was plain or with an avocado lol
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    mmmm love tuna in all forms. mmmmm
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    nay for mercury for me, although i smoke....wtf is wrong with me???

Dude you're a mess!!!
  • brittvondiesel
    Options
    Tuna baked potato is one of my favourite lunches.

Tell me more! :wink:
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The tuna calculator - Shows how much can you eat for your bodyweight per week and avoid mercury issues...

http://www.ewg.org/research/tuna-calculator?gclid=CNn5yuu1nroCFYuk4AodOXAA1Q
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I love fresh tuna but I nay the canned stuff just on taste. As far as mercury poisoning goes you would have to eat a lot of it for your body to be unable to handle it.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I read 1 can per week if it's albacore, 2 if it's light tuna for safety due to mercury. Does kind of take the fun out of it doesn't it? Pregnant women or those wanting to get pregnant I believe need to eat lower or non at all.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    love it!!

Pan sear albacore tuna steaks with peppercorns!!! My favorite way to cook it!

I also make tuna salad no mayo with oil and vinegar and put in on cucumbers (had it today actually!!)

I'm out of tuna.. booooo
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    love it!!

Pan sear albacore tuna steaks with peppercorns!!! My favorite way to cook it!

I also make tuna salad no mayo with oil and vinegar and put in on cucumbers (had it today actually!!)

I'm out of tuna.. booooo

Oh the tuna steaks sound wonderful!!! And I am out too :(
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yay.

It comes in very handy when I need some more protein for the day. Because of mercury though, I'll keep it to a few cans a week max.
  • tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nay!! Only because I don't eat seafood! I dont plan on trying tuna anyway because it has such a strong smell (sorry)!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I gotta side with Stewie on this one...

Stewie: What the hell is this?
    Lois: Sweetie, that's tuna salad.
    Stewie: Oh, is that what it is? Really? Because I could have sworn it was mayonnaise and cat food.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just posted a Chickpea "Tuna" Sandwich recipe on the Recipes board. You use chickpeas instead of tuna for a vegetarian version! :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Just posted a Chickpea "Tuna" Sandwich recipe on the Recipes board. You use chickpeas instead of tuna for a vegetarian version! :)

That sounds interesting, as I am trying to find things other than the standard mayo to mix it with. Yummy!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Nay....because gross. :sick:

This. The mere mention of the word makes me want to gag.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    yay because i love it even straight out of the can. If you are the type that needs mayo, then try adding some 1% or non fat cottage cheese. Its a great alternative for mayo.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Eat the tuna. If there was so much mercury in the water to make you sick if you ate tuna more than 3 days a week there would be no fish.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Yay, but not more than once a week or so. More frequently and it starts to gross me out -- I have no idea why.