Any successes today?

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    One big success from last night: went shopping and bought a pair of size 12 jeans, down from size 18 when I started in July.

One small success from this morning: as I was finishing my 45 minute run I found myself thinking "I just LOVE running." I would have told you to stop pulling my leg if you had told me a year ago I would EVER say that.
  • mkmitch3
    mkmitch3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One big success from last night: went shopping and bought a pair of size 12 jeans, down from size 18 when I started in July.

One small success from this morning: as I was finishing my 45 minute run I found myself thinking "I just LOVE running." I would have told you to stop pulling my leg if you had told me a year ago I would EVER say that.

Good for you!!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Oh this is the most amazing board! You guys are totally motivational. This thread needs to keep going to people are always seeing it. What positivity!! Let's make the rest of the day great :)
  • _nguyen
    Options
    Did a 4 mile run today in 46 minutes (the time it normally takes me to run/walk a 3 mile route)

The success was.... for the first time in my entire life...

I ran for 3 miles none stop :D

Its not a lot to some people.. but I'm absolutely astounded and proud of the accomplishment... bring on the next 3 mile!!! :D

GOOD JOB!

I also ran my first 3 miles nonstop on Monday and feel overly excited haha.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.1 lbs and 0.1% body fat since yesterday.
  • pcaakes
    pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's only a lapse not a total relapes. Sounds like you've been doing great!
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Pretty soon two people will be able to fit into that old pair of 22/24 pants because your shhhhrinking! can you say S U C C E S S !
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym for 6 days in a row (so far)! I usually get bored and get lazy going- always finding an excuse not to go, but I'm happy I am making the effort especially after a long day at work! It feels good after a sweaty work out!
  • Tomtomtomfitz
    Tomtomtomfitz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    rode my bike to work!
  • stefanieh1234
    stefanieh1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Didnt go to the gym at all this week... Need motivation:yawn:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred tonight, and loved it!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    <
    This! I fit into it with it laced right up and I couldn't before :)
  • pcaakes
    Options
    So many positive stories. I love the small stories that make for big successes. We dont always like to track our food or put that effort forward for physical activity but in the end is all about YOU. You are the one that makes it happen each and every day. You didnt have to do anything but you made the choice and you are the one that is going to benefit in the long run. If you dont succeed the first time, try try again and this is how we figure out how to be our own success story. Everyone is different and everyone responds in different ways. We have so much to gain from each other by posting these success stories and see what did or did not work for us and what we can change. Keep POSTING! Another website to reference is the National Weight Loss Registry. http://www.nwcr. People who have had success in losing a significant amount of weight and have kept the weight off for over one year register on this site. Awesome success stories.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wore some pants today that had me down 3 months ago. They wouldn't even come close to closing at the button.....now I'm rocking them! Only 3 months in and 1/2 way to my goal weight, but already in the goal pants! Time to re-goal a few more sizes down by the time I'm ready for maintenance :)
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I officially weighed in yesterday under 300 lbs (297) and then my trainer had me on the hip sled machine. She upped my weight and I pressed 320 lbs. For the first time I'm lifting weights that are heavier than I am and it feels awesome. It totally felt like that scene in Unbreakable when Bruce Willis discovers he can lift heavier and heavier weight. That was totally me last night!

Totally unrelated, but I love that movie! :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Have three garbage bags full of clothes that are too big for me to take to the local thrift store. Now I need to replace them with new ones.
  • RichardUK1974
    RichardUK1974 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi

Very nearly had my first day of losing calories. 20 more minutes on the elliptical trainer would have done it but I didn't want to keep my neighbours awake late at night!

R
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've lost more than my ticker shows because I lost 13 a year ago and gained it all back plus another five. So since I got my act together a month ago, I'm down 8 pounds. A friend at work who I haven't seen for a week or so told me this morning that she could see I've lost weight. That was some nice feedback!
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am learning how to cook healthy, and tonight I made a great soup with a side of roasted squash. Tasty and healthy.

Normally I would have added two pieces of toast with extra butter.

Also, fit into a cute shirt my husband bought for me three years ago that I never thought I would be able to wear.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I ran 6.25 miles to today and I reached 99 pounds lost!
    WOW!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!