• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sandpit (and a friend his age).
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Uhm. A dollhouse.

My husband had one as a kid (handmade gorgeous dollhouse) that was intended for his sisters. They ignored it for flashier toys and he loved it ...played with it for years. He's now a carpenter studying to be an engineer and loves playing make-believe with his daughter (who, incidentally, prefers blocks, cars, and dinosaurs to dolls).
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Mighty Max

tumblr_kxlsng7wtl1qb42zjo1_500.jpg
  • VictorGWilliams
    Options
    This reminds me of the Guns of Navarone playset I had as a kid. Awesome.

My boys never really got into playsets. The advantage to Lego is that that every new set you get year after year fits into the old one. Makes for easy storage and cleanup in my book. It takes a long time for the kids to outgrow them as well, so it's a toy that stays interesting.

We have 2 boys and 2 girls and haven't ever made a big deal of genderization - and we even got a doll house one year for our older boy who was none too impressed and never played with it at home even though he played with it at the store demo. It was one of those gender neutral wooden ones from a Euro mfr. We still have it and the girls like it fine.

I made a top 10 list of toys for boys and girls, but don't want to link it here for fear of getting banned.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    a fort
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ninja turtles has a cool pizza box that unfolds to be a whole couple of stories of rooms and the action figures fit in it. it's small enough to fit in an overnight bag and self contained except for the figures. it folds flat as a pizza box.
  • klouise1811
    klouise1811 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What was wrong again with the doll house??

This. Let your kids play with what they want. My son plays with dolls and his favorite show is my little pony

What these guys said
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Playmobil is very good with little people (grandparents, parents, teenagers, kids, babies, all kinds of people) and houses or castles or boats or farms or doctor's office or whatever... But, you can play with playmobil people/sets in a basic doll house that is less expensive (or second hand if you prefer).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Imaginext sets.

Love playmobil but too many tiny pieces for a 3yo IMO.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    A workbench and tools. My grandson loves his.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Mega blocks, Lego, Little people
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If he wants a dollhouse, get him a dollhouse. The one in your picture looks fine.
    Other ideas? When my daughter was 3, she and her best friend (a boy) LOVED playing dress-up. We had a big box of hats (fireman, cowboy, etc.), costumes, fancy dresses, etc.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Hape makes one that isn't pink and plastic. My son loves playing with it! It's my daughter's but they share all their toys because it's more fun to play together than alone. This is the one we have and it's pretty gender neutral.

http://www.amazon.com/Hape-Season-House-Furnished-Playset/dp/B005QZLBXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382053199&sr=8-2&keywords=hape+dollhouse
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My dollhouse was Castle Greyskull.... but He-Man's alter ego made me wonder...

http://youtu.be/ZZ5LpwO-An4
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Ninja turtle playset

may121846-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-super-sewer-lair-playset.jpg

I must have this in my life.

Im getting this for mys........er my daughter.

I had He-Man action figures with Castle Greyskull as a kid. Transformers also. Glad to see TMNT are still popular.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    tree house
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Transformers. Lots and lots of Transformers.
  • gsnthensome
    gsnthensome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    build him a "fort" out of plywood.... put some holes in it, glue on some moss and put a bunch of G.I. Jose or commando guys in it.

or if you want him to be less macho, but still manly you could always build him a court house and put ken dolls in suits in it.... he can practice law.