Up 5 lbs, before and after

Options

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You look great! Always refreshing to see a girl eat more and look better, if only some of my friends understood what you do. 2,000-3,000 cals, you must be pretty active right?

Well I lift 4 times a week. I don't really make any effort to do cardio, but I walk around campus a lot when I'm at school (twice a week), and walk my dogs maybe half a mile every morning. Other than that, I work an office job.
  • skywa
    Options
    thank you everyone for all the encouraging words. x3
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! This is exactly what I want to see because it's getting really hard for me to eat less than 2000 calories a day and I've been strength training but am going to start a focused lifting program this week. I'm just below 22% BF right now (I think it may be higher but that's according to online calculators (averaged) and a hand held body fat analysis machine.

What program do you use?
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Looking hot!! :blushing:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look firmer! And I'll bet life is better now too, huh? :laugh:
  • skywa
    Options
    You look fantastic! This is exactly what I want to see because it's getting really hard for me to eat less than 2000 calories a day and I've been strength training but am going to start a focused lifting program this week. I'm just below 22% BF right now (I think it may be higher but that's according to online calculators (averaged) and a hand held body fat analysis machine.

What program do you use?

Since i am focusing on gaining weight...i don't watch what i eat. If I'm hungry, I eat. I'm learning to listen to my body instead of tracking my macros, and it seems to be working.

I do a upper and lower body split. Upper body I work my biceps, triceps, upper back, chest and shoulders(curls, rows, shoulder press, bench press ect.). Lower body i work my quads, hamstrings, lower back and calves(sumo/prisoner squats, dead lifts, calf raises).

I think the key to making progress when lifting is to go as heavy as you can manage while keeping good form. If you can do more than 10 reps on your last set, the weights aren't heavy enough. I also always make sure to push myself to failure on my last set whenever possible (prefer to have a spot in this case).
  • skywa
    Options
    Good job! You look firmer! And I'll bet life is better now too, huh? :laugh:

Thank you.

Oh yes, so much better. Eating all the food, and getting stronger. I use to struggle w/ my self image and under eat a lot. Lifting has set me free from all the stress that came with dieting constantly in an attempt to keep my weight low.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    fc5e6d44-0b49-408d-a90a-a83e3e7802d4_zps81f07aef.jpg

WOW! What a transformation!!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think you look great :smile: Good job!
  • skywa
    Options
    30bf9112-b6f9-4140-a9dc-704230723d64_zpsbefc62a8.jpg
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    You look great keep it up!!!
  • Preprodigy
    Preprodigy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on progress. Very sexy =]
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, it looks like even your posture has improved!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Looking pretty darned awesome there sky
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! It's all about lifting heavy!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wonderful transformation!!
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Reply to itsjustdawn...I too have a back issue, but there's a lot of great core exercises that you can do for strength training and muscle building!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That butt has been built in the squat rack by the look of it. Great work!
  • teresa77447
    Options
    Not trying to sound pervy but wow your butt looks great! I just started crossfit and its the first time I have ever done anything related to weights. I am really liking it.