Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HCG

Does anyone have experience with the HCG diet and do you recommend it?

Replies

• second_1
    second_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Love it- I have dropped 38 pounds since I started and I have never felt better! There is an HCG thread in here where you can get more info. Feel free to message me if you want to...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Personally, I would never recommend it.

Eating healthy balanced meals with sufficient calories for your body & excercising daily will get the weight off and keep it off, plus you'll learn how to eat healthy along the way. Fad diets only drop the weight...then next thing you know back on comes the weight. No matter what 'diet' it is. That's why they are called 'diets':wink: because they are temporary fixes.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    What Healthy said.
    To. A. Tee!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I am going to sum up this thread in one post!

HCG is a fad diet and you will gain the weight back!

HCG saved my life and rocks.

Don't do it.

Do it.

You don't know what you're talking about, read this link and educate yourself.

I don't need to educate myself because I'm losing weight the right way...slow and steady wins the race!

Mkay, I think I about covered it all.

:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I'm not an expert but you don't need a fad diet. You just need to be sensible, eat right and exercise. :) I did lose 135 lbs in about 16 months and have kept it off through pregnancy and a difficult year.

Here is something I wrote about what I did. Hope you find it helpful!! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I know it's been said before: it's a fad. I lost weight years ago on a fad, gained it back and then some. I'm doing it right this time round: I keep in mind that in 5, 10, 15 years, can I still keep up this lifestyle? YES! I workout, eat (most days I'm over my cals, but I'm being realistic!), and I enjoy life. I don't stress about going over calories, just focus on healthy eating habits & reprogramming my body to realize that when it's hungry it gets good food that it can use, not store & when I feel a little stressed or anxious, I workout in some form.

Yes, I've only lost 16lbs in 11 months, but I've gained so much more in muscle, I fit into clothes I wore when I was 10lbs thinner - and last nite my Fiance commented that my "stomach is really flatter"!

Please remember that quick fixes are just like band-aids on their own: they cover a problem but if you don't take care of the problem with something else, it doesn't heal or it leaves a scar. The last thing you need is another problem being "covered" over which is what fad diets do: you're risking your own health & longevity: think about if it's worth it to get the weight off quickly now and stand the chance of gaining it back then really struggling or opting for surgery to get it off the next go-around,

Whichever way you choose, it really is ultimately your choice, though. I wish you all the best either way :flowerforyou:
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    lina,
    LMAO! :heart:
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    whether it's a fad or not, HCG is hard to begin with if you have a normal lifestyle.

1. they recommend that you use no products with oils or fats in them.. (book says not to wear makeup, apply lotion, can't use certain toothpastes or wear deodorant.. eww.)
    2. it's just something that's not right.. men should not be taking a hormone that's in pregnant women, and women that aren't pregnant shouldn't be taking something that wasn't made by them
  • HealthyChanges2010

Don't do it.

Do it.

I don't need to educate myself because I'm losing weight the right way...slow and steady wins the race!

Cliff Notes aye?:wink:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member

Don't do it.

Do it.

Cliff Notes aye?:wink:

Yes exactly. Save everyone the time. I did all the dirty work! :laugh:
  • If a man can be tricked into taking a pregnancy hormone, what else can they get him to do? I got another fad diet for you. It's crack!!! Crack will help you get your skinny back. All you have to do is smoke a rock for breakfast, one for lunch, and then the last one for dinner over a six month period, and you'll lose over one hundred pounds guaranteed. You'll never have to ask yourself, "What will happen when I stop smoking crack?" Short answer, "You'll never stop smoking crack."

Fad diets are nothing more than ways to strip money from the desperate, and the takers of these diets always end up in the same place, overweight and depressed. There are no shortcuts to losing weight. The keys are to reduce calories, eat healthy, and increase your physical activities. You have to change your lifestyle, and not allow another gimmick to steal your hard earned dollars.
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member

Don't do it.

Do it.

Love you Lina.. so true though..
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Fad diets don't last 50 years.

E very ounce in my ticker was lost using HCG and my health is better than ever per my tests results with my doctor. Acid reflux - gone. Sleep apnea - gone.

Read 'Pounds & Inches' by the protocol founder Dr. ATW Simeons. The PDF is readily available and is in the public domain.

Make up your own mind.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Fad diets don't last 50 years.
    Fad diets are nothing more than ways to strip money from the desperate, and the takers of these diets always end up in the same place, overweight and depressed. There are no shortcuts to losing weight. The keys are to reduce calories, eat healthy, and increase your physical activities. You have to change your lifestyle, and not allow another gimmick to steal your hard earned dollars.

Rob? JimmyDean's made some good points here! If you do crack or meth you won't need to buy food...not that I advocate 'diet drugs':wink: but a fad diet is a fad diet...50 years or 100 years....fad diets roll around until something comes along for awhile and then they'll come back around...just like clothes and all the rest of the crap we had as teens... fads always come back around... HCG is a fad diet same as the tapeworm diet (probably WAY older than 50 yrs), grapefruit diet (lots of ppl lose on this one too), miracle noodle diet, omg, the list goes on and on........:laugh:
  • I just started a week ago tomorrow... and have lost 5 pounds so far. I had to think about it for a year before jumping into it but that is just me.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    I just started a week ago tomorrow... and have lost 5 pounds so far. I had to think about it for a year before jumping into it but that is just me.
    crack or meth?:huh:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member

Don't do it.

Do it.

We were due a relapse weren't we?

Looking forward to reading the rest of the posts :yawn:

Not disrespect towards the OP though :flowerforyou: this forum invites ALL questions, but you will find a HCG thread in the support/motivation thread.

Please, before embarking on any new diet...see your GP. :flowerforyou:
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361

Don't do it.

Do it.

Haha!! I love this! :laugh:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    I really love how the intellectually inferior here compare HCG (a completely natural hormone) to crack cocaine, methamphetamines, and tapeworms.

Please consider this before you evaluate these people's opinions.
  • HealthyChanges2010

Don't do it.

Do it.

Haha!! I love this! :laugh:
    Lina did nail it didn't she? :laugh: