Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pumpkin Muffin or Cupcake recipe?

Does anyone have a pumpkin muffin or cupcake recipe that doesn't call for artificial sweetener (like splenda or even agave nectar) One using applesauce is fine :)

Replies

• From Weight Watchers...

Mix a spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin. Bake according to the instructions on the cake box.

It doesn't sound like ti will work, but I promise you it does! I make them all the time. They are really delicious and moist muffins. You can make 24 small muffins or 12 big ones.

:drinker:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Lesley is right! I took some to work today and everyone loved them.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Libby's - Pure Pumpkin - 15 oz Can, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Egg substitute - Liquid, 1 cup
    Oil - Vegetable, canola, 0.25 cup
    Great Value - Unsweetened Applesauce, 1/2 cup
    Generic - Sugar White Granulated, 3/4 cup
    Sugars - Brown, 0.75 cup, packed packed
    Gold Medal - Unbleached All-Purpose Wheat Flour - White, 3.5 cup
    Baking soda, 2 tsp
    Iodized Salt - Salt, 1 tsp0
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp
    Spices - Ginger, ground, 0.5 tsp

I copied this from my recipes, but mix pumpkin through sugars together, sift flour through ginger together, then stir dry into wet. Bake in muffin tins at 350 F until inserted knife pulls out clean (approximately 30 minutes.)
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    I also like the Spice cake mix with pumpkin recipe, but I add 3/4 cup of water to mine. They are yummy, and my kids even love them!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    keeper
  • Oh that cake mix recipe sounds wonderful and easy!! Thank you!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: BUMPPED!!!
  • From Weight Watchers...

Mix a spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin. Bake according to the instructions on the cake box.

It doesn't sound like ti will work, but I promise you it does! I make them all the time. They are really delicious and moist muffins. You can make 24 small muffins or 12 big ones.

Wow that sounds really yummy! Thanks!
  • sandara
    Warning! If you decide to make these muffins I don't recommend giving any samples away! Because then everybody wants you to make them. I just got finished making about 4 1/2 dozen of the things. Some for work, some for my husband's work and some for my son! OMG my back is killing me! :sad:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    bump
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    From Weight Watchers...

Sounds delish! Any idea how many calories?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    bump
  • sandara
    [/quote]
    Sounds delish! Any idea how many calories?
    [/quote]

In my version using Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix and Libby's 15 ounce can of pumpkin . . . if you make 18 muffins they are 128 calories each.
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Warning! If you decide to make these muffins I don't recommend giving any samples away! Because then everybody wants you to make them. I just got finished making about 4 1/2 dozen of the things. Some for work, some for my husband's work and some for my son! OMG my back is killing me! :sad:

Be sure to log your cooking time as exercise! I was pleased to find that in the exercise log the other day.

The muffins sound delicious! I will probably make some this weekend.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    I made these over the weekend and they were delicious! I am guessing that they are about 110-120 calories each for small muffins. I made 24 out of the cake box.
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    I made pumpkin banana muffins from scratch over the weekend. They were 130 calories each. I can post the recipe.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Anyone have a recipe that tastes like Dunkin Donut's Pumpkin Muffins? They're a seasonal favorite of mine, but real calorie bombs. Please post if you have something so I don't fall off the wagon here....

Shannon
  • shampooplanet
    shampooplanet Posts: 9 Member
    Do you add in the eggs & oil & whatever else the box calls for, or just the spice mix and a can of pumpkin?
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    I made a pan last night.
    Using a chocolate cake mix and 15 ounce can of pumpkin.

Cut into 24 squares, about 75 calories each.

Kids even loved them (although they added frosting to theirs.)