What did you want to be when you grew up???

Options

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    A cat
    And the same age as my best friend
    And an acrobat
    And The Little Mermaid
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    younger
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It was never really a question.... I was going to be a software programmer, and program software I did.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Power Ranger lol. I wanted to be a Police Officer or News Reporter...none of that happened
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wanted to be a singer. Still do. That damned Adele took my "pretty girl with an amazing voice who is also fat" thing. That was supposed to be my thing dangit!
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a lawyer (yeah i was a fan of Ally McBeal growing up) and i ended up being a nurse (and i love it) :)
  • Mr_Dumas
    Mr_Dumas Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A jackpot lotto winner, but they usually end up worse...like child Disney Stars, so my second choice would be....toy tester...and after that, maybe overpaid windbag that doesn't do *kitten*, but gets paid anyway (in other words, a congressman, ironically also similar to winning the lotto, as they get paid for life).
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Planned on becoming a psychologist, then realized I didn't want to listen to other folks problems all day. Instead, I wound up majoring in history/international studies, which ultimately landed me in the Navy. Now, while still in the Reserves, I work for the government (a la Tom Clancy).....
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an industrial design engineer, and I am! Just don't work as one.... :cry:
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Marine biologist .. I love science and sea critters..... Ended up with a nursing degree .. I like the science part of it, hate all the politics. I think a job I'd LOVE to have and wouldn't consider a "job" is a pro makeup artist ... That's my artsy side !

I wanted to be a marine biologist too in high school. I'm a nurse and burnt out. I want to be in law enforcement but I'm afraid people wouldn't take me seriously.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I had so much fun reading everyone's responses :smile:

I had a conversation with my kids yesterday (19,15 & 14) my son was the only one who was sure of what he wants to do. The girls have no idea. I told them the possibilities are endless and they need to follow their dreams.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    younger

Joking aside this time. i went to a vocational high school and study culinary arts, but if you had asked me back then the only sure answer I could have given was I wanted to be a father, and I am. My first eldest daughter was born in 1985, my son followed a year later and my youngest daughter was born in 1990. I have since had the title of Grandfather bestowed upon me six times now. I'm living the dream!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a vet and a dog breeder when I grew up. I'm a elementary teacher now and love it :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i wanted to be a truck driver.

i'm a counselor now in a residential program.

i still wouldn't mind being a truck driver. it looks fun
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    A wrestler. Grew up on it, & just always wanted to do it. Still wish I could.
  • curvesandmorecurves
    Options
    doctor
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    Options
    I wanted to be a writer... And I sorta am but of course not published...yet
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Computer engineer!
  • countrygirlfresh01
    Options