Revenge.

Options
Approximately 12 hours ago, I found out why my ex-fiancee abandoned my son and I seven months ago and that's to get married to another broad. It hurts knowing the truth as to why the person you spent two years with decided to uproot himself and leave his family behind, but I'll be fine. It's the fact that getting married is more important than being a father is what sticks the hardest with me. So, I've come to the conclusion that I'll stick to my work out routine and go back to the clean eating diet to prove that I am more than this and that this didn't break me. My son deserves more and a better life and I'm going to give it to him. No, I'm not the victim here nor am I going to play that card, but it sucks for the both of us that we weren't good enough. I have no desire to get back into shape to "prove" he missed out when he left, because I'm doing it for me. This is fuel for me to keep on keeping on and strive for better. I'm sure I'm coming off as hypocritical, but it is what it is. The best revenge is to prove that you're doing better without them and you're doing better than them. I don't see a problem in doing that. Cheers!

Replies

• khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all! Good for you!
  • crust2000
    crust2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Men SUCK!!! Lol...

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. Unfortunately, more and more women I know are dealing with similar situations. I've even witnessed it, growing up in my own household.

At the end of the day, it's all about you and your baby. Your child will one day appreciate that mom was there no matter what.

Keep doin' your thing girl. The best revenge is a good body :wink:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I hope you are able to let go of your anger. At least you have some closure now.

Off topic...but your pic is both awesome AND freaking me out :)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words; it's more than you'll ever know. I'm also dealing with a sick Grandmother in the hospital on top of that, so it's been rough lately. I use my anger towards the work outs and it's very useful. I'm not much into this genre of music, but the song, Vermillion from Slipknot suits my mood at the moment and I won't let this build up inside of me.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape - loving your positivity! :happy:
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape - loving your positivity! :happy:

Yes! My family said the same thing and I agree. This maybe a blessing in disguise, after all.
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! ...be an inspiration to your son ...the best revenge is your happiness ... Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

It's so funny, some men leave their young, while some of us can only wish they could have them.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oh Nici, I'm sorry you had to hear such news! and yet here you are being strong!! goon on ya!! just keep on going with your fitness, looking after yourself and your little one... you will survive this and become stronger xo
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going through that! My ex left my son and I for "things". We were together 22 yrs. he never really loved us and still doesn't. You and your son will be much better off without him. I know it is hard to see that now but it's the truth. :flowerforyou:
  • 0151kaz00
    0151kaz00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My inspiration has been similar. I was told that my ex (who used to love to call me fat and ugly) was seeing someone and I decided that if I was to see them out together I would want to look better than I was.

I now realise that the bad relationship that I was in caused my over eating.

He is single again and things are not going well for him.

I am sticking to the lifestyle changes that I made, even if the reason why I made the changes wasn't ideal, it's done me a favour.
    I am enjoying buying clothes again and looking forward to trips that I have booked, mainly because I have triple the energy that I used to have.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I came here ready to be disappointed. I am glad I wasn't. Very positive attitude. I am glad that you're moving on and doing this for yourself :)

Good luck :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I came here ready to be disappointed. I am glad I wasn't. Very positive attitude. I am glad that you're moving on and doing this for yourself :)

Good luck :)

Exactly what I thought as well, but I was pleasantly surprised. Good on you, girl.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I really admire your admire your attitude. I don't know you, but I feel proud of you. I know what it feels like to be cheated on and heartbroken after years of doing right and giving your heart, soul and everything to someone. You are going to be okay. :)
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is living well. Don't ever think you're "not good enough". HE was not good enough for you and your son. You will find someone that will be.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Great attitude:) your son will be very proud of his mamma :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Booo. I thought that this involved some car keying or other sabotage. *walks away disappointed*
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My inspiration has been similar. I was told that my ex (who used to love to call me fat and ugly) was seeing someone and I decided that if I was to see them out together I would want to look better than I was.

I hope that you're not ever in a situation like that again. No one deserves abuse.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    but it sucks for the both of us that we weren't good enough.

You are good enough, he Isn't!
    You've got this, good luck!
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey guys can be real jerks and I'm one of them! I hurt someone years ago and even though we both moved on it still bugs me. Sometimes you can't right a wrong even when you try. I'm sure if I ever had the opportunity to speak to her again she wouldn't hate me but it would still hurt. Revenge may seem like a harsh word but it had nothing to do with you. He is the one who lost and he will regret it sooner or later. It took a couple years for me to realize I screwed up and of course it was too late. Your son has a great mom and take care of yourself for yourself.