Late at night issues

Options
I have really done well for the week I've been on my weight loss program. The first day was no problem at all. But then the rest of the week I have struggled late at night. Now I have been resistant and have not inhaled the fridge. For the most part I drink lots of water. Last night, late, I had to have something so I had a salad, mostly stuff from my garden. I still struggled and just through down the water knowing I'm going to be getting up to use the bathroom. I was up every hour urinating.

What do you folks do to avoid hunger pangs at night?

Replies

• NaturallyMara
    NaturallyMara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eat a snack of fruit like a banana to feel full 2 hrs. before bed.
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Late at night is the ONLY time during the entire day that I actually want to eat or feel hunger. I usually have a glass of milk or a small snack, or just ignore it altogether... good luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    i totally know what you mean! but i do have some good news: if you knock it for a week, you'll notice that you won't crave the snacking as badly. =] my rule of thumb is to stop eating/drinking anything 2-3 hours before sleep. here are my reasons: 1.your body will literally keep you awake as it is actively digesting your food, and 2. you are sleeping, therefore giving you no opportunity to work off what you've eaten. i find a trick that helps me is also to eat more through out the day, (eating more filling/nutritious foods) and going to bed earlier or retreating to my bedroom which is far away from the fridge and cupboards. =D good luck!! you can do this, one day at a time.
  • Katie0429
    Options
    Special K. The chocolate kind. Or, there is a brand of brownie mix called No Pudge Fudge. it's So AMAZINGLY good, and they're really rich, so you don't feel the need to eat the whole box worth. But if you do, it's not a huge deal, since it's "no pudge fudge" ;)
    My husband suggests a nice big cup of herbal tea, like Celestial Seasonings, with a teaspoon of honey. Kills his cravings every time, and encourages relaxation, so you wanna go to bed instead of raid the fridge.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I eat when my tummy grumbles. No matter what time. A salad is always a great choice. I load it up with spring mix and veggies and shake it in a gladware container with 2tbs of my favorite dressing. I only 'charge' myself for the dressing (since too much lettuce never made anyone fat). SOOOOOOOOOO filling. Salads are the best.

Charmagne