Cheat Meal or Cheat Day?

Options
13»

Replies

• Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For the sake of my children's sanity, we have pizza and movie night every Friday. Since I know it is coming, I work it in to my calorie goals for the day. I work out extra hard and eat lighter during the day to make room. I lost 20 lbs, pre pregnancy, using this method. It really worked for me. Otherwise, when we go out, I look for healthier options. It really is about lifestyle change. Once you are maintaining, those cheat days will end up your weight gain days. I'd rather incorporate what I want to eat into my life goals.

Food is fuel. It can be fun, but it shouldn't be all your fun. I try to find alternative "treats" for reaching small goals that have nothing to do with food.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do 1 cheat weekend a month
  • FitnessKris44
    Options
    I tried a cheat day two weeks ago and a cheat meal this past week. The cheat day was a big mistake, I didn't feel great the next day and I felt like my sweet cravings increased for the rest of the week.. The cheat meal worked well for me, It was just enough to feed my cravings and I didn't feel terrible after.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the cheat meal is kind of like sleeping with your brother in law too. After it's over it wasn't nearly as great as you thought it would be and you feel like crap.

My hubby convinced me to splurge and have a cheeseburger and fries with him last night at McD's. I was still up at 12:30 eating Tums and feeling like I was going to puke.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't think that having a cheat meal will hinder your weight loss! Just make sure it fits into your daily allowance. If you are the type of person that is motivated all week by the thought of rewarding yourself later than I think it would do more good than harm if you are more likely to adhere to your calorie goals during the week.

I, on the other hand, can't have any form of cheat meals because they lead to a slippery slope... although many people disagree with my approach, I have to cut out all "cheat" foods from my diet while I'm trying to lose. That's just what works for me. Do what you think is best for you!
  • pittsjg
    pittsjg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agree, work it into you macros. enjoy food and look great. Waiting all week for a meal is miserable, I did it that way for years, tuna chicken spinach, water 5x a day ion a diet (remembering the sound of tuna cans hitting tuna cans in the trash can), never again
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. Look forward to everyday. Make the food you love fit into your daily routine.
    I'm in my 30's. Don't use that as a crutch. Just do it right.

This. Plus, I also look at my weekly totals. My days are never right on the money. Just close. It usually balances out. I'm in my 50s - so don't let age hold you back.

Based off of your profile picture, I hope my skin and face looks as young and youthful as you when I am in my 50's. :)

Exactly what I was thinking!!! (though, at 42, it's already too late for me!)
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing one cheat day a year - my birthday!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever i want anytime. I keep track of everything i eat and drink.