Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    bet you had great sex after that
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do when I'm at "middle sizes" is to go to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.; the clothes are generally in pretty good condition, they're quite inexpensive, and it's for a good cause. My husband has been having the same problem as you with jeans, and he knows he won't be done for a while yet, so that's what I'm turning to for him as well. Just throwing the idea out there as a possible option. (Keep i mind, however, that they launder the heck out of their clothing, so the jeans will likely seem smaller than they should to start).

Edit to also say congratulations! That's got to feel great! :)
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! My husband & I have been where you are & my advice is to put the ring away for now. My husband took his off mths ago because he was on our back deck doing something & his went flying across our backyard, he was lucky to find it! I held off putting mine away until only a few weeks ago, I hate being without it but I don't want to lose them either. However even though my hubby has lost 90lbs & reached his goal, he isn't resizing his rings until next summer, just to give his body time to get use to maintaining & then he will know they will be a good fit.

As for the pants, my husband constantly wore his belt because his pants/khaki shorts would fall off too. My advice, use the belt but go get yourself at least one pair of jeans or pants that fit. It feels just as horrible to wear clothes that is too big as it does to wear clothes that is too small. You don't have to spend alot on the items but one or two pieces will be a big help I promise! I just got all new from my bday money, I had 75lbs gone then, but I got my tops a little snug so they would do me longer & I got stretchy pants so they would shrink with me as well. I am now at 87lbs gone but regardless all items will have to do me until the spring.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    lol
    Well, maybe the second-hand/goodwill store will have some cheap middleweight pants?
  • change_21
    change_21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's just wonderful! Good work losing. I hate the idea of buying middle weight clothes. I just want to have my fat clothes and my healthy weight clothes.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making me laugh - this was cute :) And congrats!!!
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    haha! Congrats!!! Great NSVs!!!!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Update from my wife - "Those jeans look terribad... go to Kohls and buy some"

Yes ma'am.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV :smile:
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My ring size went down also lol People don't really think about their fingers getting skinny. I had a size six wedding band and I told my husband I have to get it sized. I almost lost it several times. I am now a 4 3/4.

That is exactly, EXACTLY where I am now and where I was! I was wondering wtf, did I lose like three pounds off each finger or something?

I'm not done yet, and resizing my ring is going to be a giant hassle, so I'm just buying inexpensive silver guard rings to keep it on my finger for a while still. Sooner or later my fingers have to stop shrinking -- there's bone under there, after all. :-P
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    congrats! you can always wrap a piece of clear tape several times around the ring (wear the taped part on the inside of your palm, of course) to make it fit better until you get it resized.
    check out garage sales or consignment shops for a pair of middle-weight pants to hold you over!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing it. It's how my wife transmits her commands directly to my brain, and if I take it off I tend to walk in a circle muttering.

This cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh...I needed it today. :happy:

And congratulations on your NSV's!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Update from my wife - "Those jeans look terribad... go to Kohls and buy some"

Yes ma'am.

Thank goodness Kohl's and many stores are having some great sales! I've had to replace 100% of my clothing (in maintenance so should be my final time) and I've been able to slowly get some really nice things for a reasonable price.

Have fun shopping in your new mid-size!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Last night I stood by the bed, shook my hand and my wedding band fell off. Then I loosened my belt and my pants fell off...

My wife's reaction... "Wow! Hey! Wait a minute!!!"

I actually really enjoy the feeling of the ring being loose, but I know I'll need to get it re-sized soon or I'll lose it. It's something to remind me that I am doing the right thing every time I wobble my hand. The pants thing is a problem because I'm planning to lose more weight, and don't want to buy any "middle weight" pants.

belts
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

Reminder: Don't hang any curtain rods until you get pants that fit..... lol.... my brother-in-law did that and yup, there he was standing in the centre of the picture window, holding a curtain rod up with his pants around his ankles..... we can laugh about it now..... nah who am I kidding, I was rolling on the floor laughing my head off when it happened :laugh:
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Haband.com offers fairly inexpensive "temporary clothing; they look reasonably decent, just not long wearing....which should NOT be an issue!

Congrats and good luck.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    LOL! Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Shrinking is fun, eh? Find someone with a sewing machine, and get them to take your pants in an inch or two. You can do that a few times before you'll have to invest in some new ones.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!