Soy Protein vs Whey Protein ! Whats better for women ?

simply_healthy
simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hola ppl,

Just read that Soy Proteins are probably better for women.. Is it true or is it just a marketing gimmick ?

http://www.nowloss.com/best-soy-protein-diet-shake.htm

After reading this article I am planning to have Soy Protein as my pre bed meal. I have whey protein after workouts anyways.

What do you think ? Opinion please....

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Most soy proteins (unless you are eating organic soy beans) are full of pesticides and toxins! They are highly processed (just like tofu!). Whey protein isn't perfect, but it's a little better. Just make sure you're getting the purest/most organic form of it you can find!
  • I personally use Whey Protein. I've also read that the best pre-bedtime protein is Casein Protein, because unlike Whey, it is a slowly absorbing protein and will last you thru most of the night and keep you from a catabolic state (aka a sort of "starvation" mode). Whey is quickly absorbed, which is why it's so good for post-workout. Cottage cheese is a good source of Casein protein, but you can also buy it as a supplement in a tub, like Whey. Just a few tidbits from the research I've done for myself.
This discussion has been closed.