How do you get your tan?

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Whether you go to a salon or use the bottled stuff, if you are going to fake tan you need to do a couple of things to avoid the orange streaky look.

exfoliate thoroughly, especially knees, ankles, elbows. Don't bother with an exfoliating cream, just use a loofah or rough flannel.
    moisturise and moisturise again. The fake tan reacts to dry skin, the more you have the deeper the colour so you need to even it all out.

I'd recommend using a light colour or gradual tanner (the hint of sun stuff) so that you can build it up and avoid the awkward deep orange if anything goes wrong.

Fake tan takes a lot of effort if you want to look natural, but it can be done. Even the cheap supermarket brand stuff works.

if it goes wrong mix lemon juice with salt and rub/wash the orange off :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    <----
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Fake and bake babbby
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    I'm black. I was born with it

that makes two of us :laugh:
  • shonnaatch
    shonnaatch Posts: 11 Member
    I own an airbrush tanning business. Fake is the only way to go!
  • kp306308
    kp306308 Posts: 14 Member
    tanning bed!
    I don't think it's dangerous if you use lotion, eyewear, and don't burn yourself. I've tanned for years and have great looking skin.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    I get mine from cycling, which means I have razor sharp tan lines.....

You can probably tell the make of my gloves by the dark patches on the backs of my hands,,,,,
  • Supahvixen
    Supahvixen Posts: 50 Member
    I'm Latina. Born with it. :drinker:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    I would love to have darker skin but alas spray is just too expensive at this time. The sun is evil.
  • Twinkielingus
    Twinkielingus Posts: 147 Member
    It's natural...and dirt helps
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    I was born with it!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,260 Member
    I don't tan... :(

Please advise ...
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Mystic, I cannot tan! I burn, and then my freckles connect
  • Im one of the lucky ones I guess. I always have a tanned skin color. Just two weeks ago at my kids bus stop the other kids asked my kids why their mom was black. Huh??? Im tanned, but not that tanned. I've heard that all my life though. During the summer if I want to get darker then I just go in the sun for a few hours and then im good for a long time.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Melanotan II
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Playing with kiddo in the backyard. Aussie sun eats right through that 30+ sunblock and sun hat!
  • I spray tan or use Banana Boat
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    In South Florida we chill by the pool year round--but we don't swim in the winter as the water is freezing.
  • Clameater
    Clameater Posts: 317
    I'm effing black...
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    lol....I show off my farmers tan! Seriously I was my tannest this past summer, because I wore tank tops and shorts almost everyday, and I walked/ran outside a lot, due to having no car.