new end goal?

Originally my goal weight was 115-120. I am 5'2". Almost 3 months into my weight loss journey and Im wondering if I need to change that now that I am building muscle. The last time I was at that weight I had little muscle tone. Now I can see and feel muscle. So although I havent lost alot yet (compared to how much I want to lose) I am loosing inches and going down sizes. So how doni know what a realistic goal is?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Why not look at going down to a certain fat percentage instead of pounds? You're right that you may not get to your weight goal now that you want to focus on muscle building so it may be best to find another mode of measurement while also keeping your eye occasionally on the scale. The scale is actually the WORST indicator of weight loss success!

Try seeing if you can get your body fat percentage tested and start working on that goal. Or perhaps a pant size!
  • FaithHope76
    FaithHope76 Posts: 53 Member
    I didnt think about that. I will have to look into body fat. I have been measuring myself, but somehow sering the pounds drop is more rewarding. Lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You can't build muscle at a deficit. If anything, you'll lose some. Just adjust when your weight comes down.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Well sometimes ya gotta think outside the box! Let me know how it goes!