Butt cheeks are uneven??

Options

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Everyone is assymetrical. If you want to feel hideous, do one of those things where you compare the two sides of your face.

The good thing is that RARELY will you be standing straight on with someone examining your butt. I mean, I don't know the details of your life, but probably not. If you are moving or to the side at all, no one will ever notice. You have been doing butt bible, so you're hyper-aware of the booty right now.

I'm guessing it's just a dominant-side thing as well, but it's really not a big deal.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like anything to be worried about to me. I'm sure no one notices it but you.

(And all of the people on the internet who you just pointed it out to. )
  • Baileyii
    Options
    I'll do my best to work out the left side more, hope it helps :happy: !
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Did you ever have back problems or some sort of accident?

People who have problems in a specific quadrant of their back often stand differently than a healthy person and can end up with stuff like this.

But my common sense guess would be that you have probably always been standing, walking, running, working out in such a way that one side is always favored and no one even notices the issue except for you :)
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight but my "saddlebags"--though they are not huge, the left is definitely bigger on the left. I think it's because I'm right side dominant. It's smaller and not as noticeable.
  • actingbrandnew
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new as well and haven't met any friends yet, I thought this would be a great icebreaker rather awkward but great. I actually have the same problem and I noticed it when I was young about 8, someone brought it to my attention. Since I have gained weight no one notices it but me. If I was your BFF I would tell you to embrace your perfect imperfections, but the twerking idea may help, I'll take notes as well.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You doing butt bible!!? Me too!! But no my cheeks are not uneven
    Maybe you just favor one side more than the other!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I tore my PCL a few years back and my muscles atrophied a lot on my left leg/butt. My right cheek is still bigger than my left as a result.....I can definitely notice while doing squats since there is a mirror in front of the squat rack. It's annoying, but people don't really notice as far as I know. I pointed it out to my boyfriend while we were in the gym and he thought it was funny.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I noticed a little bit after staring. However, I would not have noticed if you had not pointed it out to me and I had not been looking for it. I wouldn't stress over it.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Everyone is assymetrical.

Freudian?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Try not to laugh, please? This seriously bothers me, and lowers my self esteem greatly. You can obviously tell there is a difference between both sides. 1018131618_zps276acaf8.jpg (hopefully the picture shows up!)

:flowerforyou: my dear.
    you have a very cute butt :laugh:
    I dare say that any guy (or gal I guess) who's behind you, is not going ' OMYGAWWD!!! she's LOPSIDED!
    :blushing: I don't see any more asymmetry than isn't completely normal. :ohwell:
    Hope that makes sense :laugh:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It almost looks like you're leaning a little, too... like, one's almost clenched, one isn't. I wouldn't get all butthurt over it.

:wink:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    remove your wallet.
  • Baileyii
    Options
    I did lean just a little to take the picture, hard to take a picture of your bum with your phone when you don't have a mirror lol
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It almost looks like you're leaning a little, too... like, one's almost clenched, one isn't. I wouldn't get all butthurt over it.

:wink:

that's what I thought too...release your mula bandha and you should be fine :blushing:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I did lean just a little to take the picture, hard to take a picture of your bum with your phone when you don't have a mirror lol

Yep I just saw the leaning/clenching. Not so much a wonky bum :noway:

I'm the same as a couple of other posters I've got slightly more muffin top to the right than the left. We come in a many varied shape & form I guess :smile:
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Take another picture with your other arm and compare them?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What did the left butt cheek say to the right butt cheek when he said he could squat more? NOT EVEN!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just work one side heavier, yeah. A physical therapist would be great to see for an exam and their recommendation.

On the unevenness front, I have one leg over an inch shorter than the other, and it's not noticeable (ever) to folks except doctors.

I have two heights, lol :D

What I didn't know that the PT told me was that one side of my pelvis is smaller than the other, too. Huh. I'm supposed to sit on a folded blanket on one side when I sit a lot, and she of course had recommendations about the leg length thing. PTs are pretty darned cool, and they don't always need referrals so you can go without seeing your doc first at a lot of places.

My butt cheeks are even, oddly enough since my pelvis is two sizes. I have no idea how that worked out.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When you look in a mirror and stand 'square' are your shoulders level? If shoulders aren't level, you could need straightening out....(by chiropractor)