Where to get a lot of protein

Options

Replies

• recovery114
    Options
    your name is cut off at an awkward place...
    just one more letter
    im trying to quote the person but it just wont let me!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Hunt down a deer.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I researched, it is not organic and some products contain gluten.
  • Foodorlife
    Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    snack_zps97de02ab.png

Thanks!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Hunt down a deer.

Now THAT would be Paleo.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    With a van(thank you Ron White) elusive little creatures....
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For argument sake lets say your lean mass is 130lb. That might be an overestimate, but I don't want to seem rude. I would suggest a target range between 80 - 130g to start. See how that works, and adjust. The comment about P90 being largely aerobic is true, and low carbs combined with intense exercise is not easy for many. Again, not intending to be rude, but I suspect that the P90 plan you are looking at assumes the person is somewhat athletic.

To be honest, at this point the deficit is the key. The exercise is great and is going to help achieve many things, but you face a long battle. You might want to fight that keener urge to go all out. What exercise you choose is not going to make much difference in the big picture, so find things you can stick to and fit your lifestyle. It will all come together with time, practice and some reading.

Here is a calculator that might help. I am not a staunch supporter of the IIFYM principle, but the calculator makes things easy for many.
    http://iifym.com/IIFYM-calculator/

Good luck
  • Foodorlife
    Options
    So mostly meat I guess..
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

ETA: People need to stop saying that nuts/nut butters and beans are good sources of protein ... They are sources of protein, yes, but gram for gram, nuts are more of a fat source, and gram for gram, beans are more of a carbohydrate source ...

Yes, they are super fattening and plus I can't handle nut butter.

Just because something has a higher content of fat per gram does not mean it is "super fattening". You don't get fat by eating fats, especially not healthy fats like nuts. You get fat by over consuming calories.
  • Foodorlife
    Options

ETA: People need to stop saying that nuts/nut butters and beans are good sources of protein ... They are sources of protein, yes, but gram for gram, nuts are more of a fat source, and gram for gram, beans are more of a carbohydrate source ...

Yes, they are super fattening and plus I can't handle nut butter.

Just because something has a higher content of fat per gram does not mean it is "super fattening". You don't get fat by eating fats, especially not healthy fats like nuts. You get fat by over consuming calories.

Nut butter has high content of fat and not so high protein.
  • Foodorlife
    Options
    Okay, I opened my diary . I logged what I ate/eat and I still need at least 50 gr of protein.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I get the majority of mine from greek yogurt, chicken, eggs, and cheese. I snack on a lot of nuts throughout the day as well.

Protein powder is an easy way to add an extra 20-25 grams in a shake, smoothie etc.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nut butter. Lots and lots of nut butter.
    giggidy

gigglesnort
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    Hunt down a deer.

and then what?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    You were as stated before provided a myth regarding protein powders.

As for nuts and nut butters, yes they are high in fat, but its a healthy fat, like avocados are fat, but a healthy fat.
    Egg, eat the WHOLE egg - there is no reason unless you have a medical issue that would prohibit you from eating it, then don't.

And also as stated before, you do not get fat from eating fat. You eat too much and do not move your body, is how you get fat!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am going to get on p90x nutrition and do some exercises. Phase 1 consists of adjusting daily protein to 50%..

It says 50%...My daily calorie intake is 1500, I put the numbers in and that's what it showed,188g.

???
    :noway:
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Any meat,nuts, peanut butter,eggs, milk with Hot Cocoa, milk with Nesquick.....just to name a few.
    I have Hypoglycemia & require a high protein diet; otherwise I suffer from Hypoglycemic attacks.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:
  • Foodorlife
    Options
    Any meat,nuts, peanut butter,eggs, milk with Hot Cocoa, milk with Nesquick.....just to name a few.
    I have Hypoglycemia & require a high protein diet; otherwise I suffer from Hypoglycemic attacks.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:

Nesquick has lots of sugar combined with a cup of 1% milk(12 more grams) is equivalent to 19 grams of sugar, if only one spoon of powder is used...it's hard to get protein without going over somewhere else.
  • Foodorlife
    Options
    Ok, so I am going to get on p90x nutrition and do some exercises. Phase 1 consists of adjusting daily protein to 50%..

It says 50%...My daily calorie intake is 1500, I put the numbers in and that's what it showed,188g.

???
    :noway:

speak up,lol
  • Foodorlife
    Options
    Can someone look at my diary and tell me what else to add?
    Just NO nut butters, they are nasty in my opinion.