Any successes today?

Options

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've lost a kilo in the last week, and have lost a little each day with the exception of one day where I gained (which I can blame on the salty food I ate). That in itself is quite a big deal for me, and I'm getting excited over the progress, even if it is only a couple of hundred grams here and there.

After stalling for a while following a trip to America, my ticker has rounded itself up to 4kg, rather than up (or down) to 3kg for the first time since July :):)

And, as of today, I've made my diary public again :) I was ashamed of it for a long time, but now that I'm losing weight quite quickly I feel like I need to prove to people that I'm eating enough!!!
  • RichardUK1974
    RichardUK1974 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today
    1. Got down to some work I'd avoided
    2. An hour of elliptical training
    3. A social evening with people I had never met before
    4. Used my phone's cognitive behavioral therapy diary function
    5. Kept off eating bad food until the evening (hopefully tomorrow it'll be until I reach bedtime and beyond!)
  • pcaakes
    pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Didnt go to the gym at all this week... Need motivation:yawn:

Remember: Stick to your healthy lifestyle and the results will be worth it.

Your worth it sista! whoot-whoot :flowerforyou:
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Love this :drinker:

Today's successes...
    - Pants that are too big for me, are too tight on my ALWAYS teenier-than-me mom!
    - I passed up pastries and pizza at lunch
    - Finally back to drinking the amount of water I should be
    - Work pants i used to dream of fitting into, now fall off
    - Scale was UNDER 150 for the first time since freshman year of high school
    - Getting and extra booty grab from my man before leaving for work :wink:

Haha, that first line "pants to big" made me think of that American Idol singer that sang "pants on ground, lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground" Well? that's whats going to happen if you keep on being a loser......pants will fall off and will be ON THE GROUND.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    not today, but yesterday: I messed up, but I didn't MESS UP. I always count that as a win, because it was a huge problem for me before I figured out how to lose weight and do it healthily and sustainably. The smallest "messup" would send me into a binge. If I had planned 400 calories for breakfast and ended up eating 450, I considered the day ruined and abandoned my diet, and said to myself " well I've ruined today, i'm not going to lose anything today, so I might as well eat what I want and start over tomorrow".

Yesterday My breakfast went over by about 120 calories, and I didn't panic. Didn't overeat and didn't starve myself either - just continued with my day, exercised, ate my normal lunch and a slightly lighter dinner, and ended up fine on calories. It sounds so little, but everytime I dont let a small mess up turn huge, it's a success for me, and a step towards eating like a normal person.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Yes, am finally noticing changes to my body and not just my face! YAY!

OJNiIBi.jpg

Such a pretty girl. Life will be good to you if you are good to yourself. Your the first priority each and every day. Keep yourself focused, tracking your food and exercises. Make realistic choices each day, even if small. Keep your tennis shoes on your feet (not in your closet or under your bed) so your READY to go (somewhere) haha. :blushing:
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like this, I am on day 2 of eating clean! Not feeling the greatest, but do believe that when the toxins are gone I will feel better. Back in my size 6 jeans as well and that is a good feeling with the chill in the air.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    despite a ready-made excuse (still in pain from some gluten cross-contamination yesterday) I managed a half hour of yoga, meeting my exercise goal for today :)
  • pcaakes
    Options
    not today, but yesterday: I messed up, but I didn't MESS UP. I always count that as a win, because it was a huge problem for me before I figured out how to lose weight and do it healthily and sustainably. The smallest "messup" would send me into a binge. If I had planned 400 calories for breakfast and ended up eating 450, I considered the day ruined and abandoned my diet, and said to myself " well I've ruined today, i'm not going to lose anything today, so I might as well eat what I want and start over tomorrow".

Yesterday My breakfast went over by about 120 calories, and I didn't panic. Didn't overeat and didn't starve myself either - just continued with my day, exercised, ate my normal lunch and a slightly lighter dinner, and ended up fine on calories. It sounds so little, but everytime I dont let a small mess up turn huge, it's a success for me, and a step towards eating like a normal person.

Wow, every word you shared makes total sense! At least you are aware of what is going into your mouth, good - bad or other. The key is that you have awareness now whereas before you probably never did. Also, your weight loss shows you are doing something right. Not bad at all! Thank you for sharing.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    I have logging in 20 days in a row.. normally i'd quit by now!

I want to hit a "LIKE" button but I am on the wrong network. But anyways, like....like ... like!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just had my morning coffee. :drinker:
  • rlamermayer1
    Options
    This sounds almost like a failure, but I promise it's a success! Up until a week ago, I had a fast food addiction. Even when dieting, I'd still eat absolute garbage and any fast food I could get my hands on. I'd just make sure it fit in my calorie goals. My body was getting nothing good. Exactly a week ago, I got blood work back that told me I was high risk for diabetes. In my family, diabetes is a long, slow death sentence. I made a complete 180 and went from the worlds worst diet to almost as healthy as it gets.

Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking, so I went to McDonalds. Barf. I had to choke it down (which I did, because I hate to waste money). I cannot believe that after only a week my tastes have changed so significantly. I am so proud of myself! I needed that McDonald's tonight, too. I now know that I don't need or want to fall off the wagon to good health. So, kind of a backwards success, but I will take it!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    On the scales, I broke through the 280s to 279 on the scale, :smile:
    for a total weight loss of 36 pounds since July 8th. :bigsmile:
  • landonfloen
    landonfloen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These are all so awesome to read!

I just had a birthday yeterday. With a day of intermittent fasting, and working my but off at the gym I was able to go out for a big steak supper with desert and still had a 500 calorie deficit for the day. It also marked my 26th day in a row without cheating after collapsing on day 25 twice in a row.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I know BMI has its issues, but....

The scale said 145 this morning, meaning I'm officially in the (very *kitten*-end) NORMAL range for my BMI. First time in 15 years!!! Never going back to Obese again.
  • sugafreak
    sugafreak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finally bought a new pair of jeans today since the few pairs I own are a size 16 (uk), they were all tight on me at the start of my journey and are now being held up by a belt so they don't fall down. I took a few different sizes into the changing room and was elated to find I fit into a size 12 (uk) pair of jeans, I believe this is an american size 8 (correct me if I'm wrong). Also bought a size 12 blouse (previously a 18).

Nothing tastes better than skinny feels for me today. :heart:
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    these are all so great to read, it's so easy to focus on the negatives and what isn't going right that it's so refreshing to see people focusing on the positive :)
  • mkmitch3
    mkmitch3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have to buy another belt as I am on the last hole on this one. I might just drive a nail through it and make another hole. I feel so ToolTimeTim like. LOL
  • pcaakes
    Options
    I woke up in the middle of the night last night with the nagging question of how much weight would I gain if I overate by 200 calories each day. Obviously I couldnt let the question go so I got up this morning and punched out the figures on a calculator. Results: 3500 calories = 1 lb

Overeat by 200 calories for 365 days = 73,000

73,000 divided by 3,500 = 20.857 ( or 21 lbs)

Yikes, amazing what kind of damage a lousy 200 extra calories could do! The only way to combat this! Tracking of course thru gool ole "My Fitness Pal" or knocking off those calorie with physical activity. I cant help but to think we are all in the right place, doing the right thing. So much for the nagging question.

Tennis shoes are in the car and I am ready to go!

I agree, this group has a lot of positive stories that is soo inpiring. I think everyone appreciates hearing these stories of success. We are a bunch of TIGERS, aint nothing stopping us now!
  • pcaakes
    Options
    This sounds almost like a failure, but I promise it's a success! Up until a week ago, I had a fast food addiction. Even when dieting, I'd still eat absolute garbage and any fast food I could get my hands on. I'd just make sure it fit in my calorie goals. My body was getting nothing good. Exactly a week ago, I got blood work back that told me I was high risk for diabetes. In my family, diabetes is a long, slow death sentence. I made a complete 180 and went from the worlds worst diet to almost as healthy as it gets.

Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking, so I went to McDonalds. Barf. I had to choke it down (which I did, because I hate to waste money). I cannot believe that after only a week my tastes have changed so significantly. I am so proud of myself! I needed that McDonald's tonight, too. I now know that I don't need or want to fall off the wagon to good health. So, kind of a backwards success, but I will take it!

I've heard it said that 35% of the population that is prediabetic does not know they are prediabetic. If this group of the population knew they were prediabetic, they could be eating healthier and exercising to remove themselves from this prediabetic condition because diabetis is preventable. You are making a significant change. I know it's hard, but try to do as much meal planning in advance. I know someone who makes up a HUGE green salad in advance so they can eat greens all week long.

About one in three American adults – that’s
    57 million people—have prediabetes.

• People with prediabetes are likely to develop
    type 2 diabetes within 10 years, unless they
    take steps to prevent or delay diabetes.

• Lifestyle changes such as eating healthier,
    increasing physical activity and losing a
    modest amount of weight can prevent or
    delay development of type 2 diabetes in
    those at high risk for the disease.

• Diabetes is a leading cause of heart disease,
    stroke, blindness, kidney disease, and
    nerve disease.

Best wishes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!