My goal keeps changing!

Options
floridachristmas
floridachristmas Posts: 41
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi. Sorry if I'm being really stupid here, but my food goal keeps changing!
It seems to change based on my UP updating my stats so I guess it's taking in to account my exercise but surely I'm not supposed to just keep eating? I thought the whole point of the exercise was to burn fat not give me a reason to eat more?
Is there a way to see what I've eaten/ should eat max/what I've burned please?

Thanks
x

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You should have a daily goal set with MFP for how many calories to consume based on your current self and how quickly you want to lose. That is shown first thing in the morning as your calorie goal. The way MFP works is you log your exercise daily and eat those calories back. So after you put in an exercise it will increase your daily goal. If you look at your net calories listed that basically takes the exercise calories out of what you have already eaten; basically NFP wants you to make your net calories meet goal on workout days.

On your food page the number of calories consumed will always be that so if you know what your daily goal is you can still choose to stay below it if you want.

If you don't like your calorie goal to vary day to day you should consider the TDEE method, google scoobys workshop (its a fitness website) and it has everything you need on there to calculate your TDEE and an explination of it. You can manually set your goals on MFP to match that and either don't log your exercise on MFP or just ignore it and make sure you calories consumes is near your TDEE goals.

Hopefully that was helpful and all made sense, if not feel free to message me any questions.
  • floridachristmas
    Options
    Thats' brilliant, thank you very much indeed. Much appreciated. x
This discussion has been closed.