Just do it! NO EXCUSES! 1 year / PICS TO PROVE

Replies

• Snarkymom2005
    Snarkymom2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Love it! You will be an inspiration to so many.
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Truly amazing!!! ****ing amazing wow! Awesome job!!!!!:smokin:
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    I needed to see this today - been floundering a bit lately - thank you for sharing. You look amazing!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 465 Member
    You look amazing congrats and thanks for sharing!!!
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Wow! That's amazing! You're one hot mama!!
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    You look wonderful!! Congratulations!
  • Solomino
    Solomino Posts: 36 Member
    I loved your post.....thank you. You are so right....sacrifice for a time to obtain your goal. I have always been on fad diets and loose a lot quickly but alway gain it back +. I struggle with 1 lb lost a week. But I will keep going. I will do this.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Loving that tat! Well done!
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    OP WOW! Very inspiring.. well done. Ive done the same thing myself, gave myself a year to get back in shape and lose the weight.. struggling to find an exercise i can do with my medical problems.. but theyre nothing compared to my daughters medical problems.
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    You are so gorg!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. When I started this, I told myself, it is going to take AT LEAST a year, so you will NOT give up until you have given all your efforts for a year and still can't see a significant change. I'm 6 months in, and I'm already happy where I am....it's slow, but it's consistent, and I can't wait to see where the next 6 months takes me. thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    bump :) congrats, OP. you look amazing -- your hard work has really paid off!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Ok, on September 17th, 2012, I had my body fat measured at 44%. YES, 44%!!! As of today, I am a little over 1% away from my goal of 20% body fat!!! I measured in this morning at 21.1% body fat! How have I done this? NO MAGIC DIET PILLS, TRICKS, OR FAIRY DUST SPRINKLED ON MY FOOD! I take all the credit, sorry, not to toot my own horn, but the fact of the matter is, I did it through hard work and dedication. I looked at it like this, I wasted over a decade being fat, feeling bad about myself, having low self esteem, wishing I could wear sexy clothes, and wanting so bad to make my husband and kids proud; I wasted over a decade feeling this way... I figured, 100 pounds can be lost in 1 years time, with hard work. I can give up 1 year of my life, saying no, being strict, and working my *kitten* off, to finally be who I want to be. 1 year! Give up 1 year, by the time that year is up, I wont want to go back to my own ways, I will have learned to control myself... SO THATS WHAT I DID, I GAVE UP A YEAR, I said NO to my family members and friends who wanted me to go out to restaurants 3-5 times per week, I said NO to Saturdays that consisted of an entire bag of flaming hot cheetos, a 12 pack of beer, and a couple thousand calories of chocolate. I said NO to a second piece of cake, I said NO to 3 donuts, and instead only had 1... I said YES to daily exercise, I said YES to shopping for better choices at the grocery store, I said YES to being healthy, I said YES to wanting to live my life as the person I always wanted to be... 1 YEAR, THATS ALL IT TOOK, NOW IM HERE, AND I WAS RIGHT, I DONT WANT THE THINGS I WANBTED BEFORE. I am happy with a handful of hot cheetos, I am happy with just a couple beers, I am happy with 1 piece of cake, I am happy with only going to restaurants only once per week... 1 YEAR!

applause.gif
  • absolutely amazing. such a beauty... before and after! congratulations on your success!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Dayum Gina!! You look hot!! Congratulations!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    You look smokin' hot and fabulous. Congratulations!!!!!!! Your hard work most certainly paid off
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    You look fabulous. Congratulations on the dedication, commitment, and success!!!!!

Love the silver/sprarkley dress!!!!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    You look flippin' awesome!

What happened/what thought process changed/what paradigm shifted to take you from what so many of us do (start, quit - start, quit et cetera) to start, finish?

LOVE the dress and have no doubt you'll find a way to wear it! You're a doer! Well done and WOW!
  • Forever99lbs
    Forever99lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Congrats. I wish I was that motivated. I'm just lazy
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Oh my... YES YOU DID IT!!!! You look fantastic! I love your story... love love love it. KUDOS to you!!!! Nothing lazy about YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    WTG!!!! You just totally made me want to go for an extra walk today. You look amazing! Such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    congratulations wow super sexy amazing job
  • pverdun
    pverdun Posts: 5 Member
    To read your story is nothing outside of amazing and encouraging to me. You have motivated me in a way that is truly humbling. Can you and I be friends on here? I could really use some motivations and help with my goals. I have been up and down, mostly up in the last 8 months. I just started 3 weeks ago to turn things around and think about my heart health and working out on a daily basis. It is hard but I am willing to put in the work. Thank you for your story and the motivation. You look great, not to mention the legs that I would love to have someday.
  • Wow! Just...wow! Your pics are inspirational, but you know what? Your words are even moreso. It's easy to lose focus on the fact that it's really just time. Like I used to say when I was working on my teaching degree, and it was taking me longer than most, because I was raising my babies at the same time - "Time will pass no matter what. I can use it wisely or I can waste it." I have lost about 20lbs of the 70 I have to lose. I've been on the journey (this time...lol) for just two months. Ten months to lose 50lbs is totally doable. In fact, if I give it my all, as you did, I can probably lose most, if not all of the weight in 6 months or so. Anyway, thank you so much for your story. You inspire me! L

PS Yes, I did get that teaching degree. Graduated with a master's degree - it took me 7 years instead of 5, but who cares! I met my goal. And I'll meet this one too!
  • marjorianna
    marjorianna Posts: 8 Member
    Amazing, I am inspired to work harder to lose my last 5 lbs. You look amazing and the legs....... Thank you so much for sharing you have reignited my fire. Thank you!
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    What an inspiration!
  • That's so awesome! Doing for the l long haul is always so tough.:smile:
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Amazing!!! You look fabulous!
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Fair play! :smile:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    wow, thanks for all the comments. to answer a few people...

i honestly just woke up on september 17 2012, and decided i had was done with being overweight, and that now i wanted to try skinny. ofcourse some things led up to this, for example, a couple months earlier, a boy was picking on my son, so i said something to him and his mother, and found out the next day that at school, the boy yelled across the room to my son, in front of all the other students, "atleast my moms not a fat b!tch..." it embarassed me, but even more so, made me sad for my son, because that must have embarassed him. i had also recenty seen one of the worse pictures ever (the one where i am holding my friends daughter, autumn who has mitochondria disease) and just seeing that picture of me so huge made me want to crawl into a dark hole and cry... i also grew out of all my size 18 jeans last summer, and had to buy my first size 20's... that sucked, it didnt feel good! and finally, my aunt and i got into an arguement about whether or not my other aunt should get weight loss surgery, she yelled at me, "your obese, and you will always be obese, because the women in our family cant lose weight without weight loss surgery, we have all tried, it doesnt work, our bodies dont work right..." and, that was like the final nail in the coffin for me. dont tell me i cant do something. dont tell me that i have to get some major risky surgery in order to be healthy, i can do it myself...

so, thats pretty much the events that led up to my final decision to lose the weight last summer...

it took me 11 months, and i lost 95 pounds. i went from a clothing size 20 to a comfy 6 / tight 4.

i work out 5 days a week, cardio and strength training... it urns out to be about 1.5 to 2 hours per day.

i used to only be able to run 20-30 seconds straight, now i can run 3 miles straight without stopping, in 30 minutes. i used to be pretty weak, now im alot stronger... i finally have confidence, i can finally change in front of my husband...

im teetering on maintenance and losing...

ive been maintaing for a couple months now, but i really would like to hit that 101 pound loss mark... i dont know, we will see... maintenance has not been hard at all, infact, i lost 5 pounds since maintenance began!

thanks again for all the very awesome and sweet comments, i really appreciate it! good luck to everyone...
  • Hoy cow!!! You look amazing, thanks for the inspiration!