Carb Monsters Unite

Options
I'm on 360grams of daily carbs and slowly rising. Will be into club #400 before the end of the year.

Who else loves carbs here?

What's your favorite sources?

Mine:
- White rice
- Ice Cream
- Froyo
- Waffles
- Pancakes
- Mission Wraps
- Skinny Cows
- Hash Brown
- Sammiches
- Pumpkin swirl bread
- Cinnamon swirl bread
- Pop Tarts!

I never do pasta.

Replies

• vinzorelli
    Options
    Very disappoint to see I am the only carb monster around. I feel reary ronery.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Not all the time. But sometimes I do down a whole bag of plus size starbursts fave' reds. It's 1600 calories for the whole bag. They also have a 1600 calorie skittles bag too that I sometimes ingest in 1 sitting :)

But that's pretty much it. Once a week or every other week I'll have a slice or 2 of pizza.

When I was doing a cyclic keto diet (fun but a logistic nightmare), my carb up days included the double sized boxes of pop-tarts (strawberry, 16 pastries total I think) and a bunch of supermarket sugar cookies (which really weren't that great) and the occasional coconut custard pie (the whole pie).

Oh, there's also apple pie and my grandmother's rice pudding.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Very disappoint to see I am the only carb monster around. I feel reary ronery.

you aren't, you'll probably find them attacking people in low carb threads ;-)
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a carbovore myself. Fresh bread, rice, potatoes, pasta. Yum. I can go without most sugary stuff but bread right out of the oven? :heart:

I'm also half Korean half Italian so if I tried to cut out carbs my meals would be so sad!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs. I usually eat around 200g a day in pitta, porridge, potatoes, cous cous, fruit n veg, bread. YUM!
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Most days I'm on 200g carbs or less and it feels like a lot, not sure how I'd even mange to eat 400g of carbs unless it was a blow out situation.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get around 350-400 grams a day of carbs and about 70-80 grams of fiber to go with it. Most of my carbs come from fresh fruits and veggies or beans (which I eat a lot of), but I'll occasionally have some Annie's graham crackers or a pb&j sandwich. I've had great success both losing and maintaining weight eating like this, so it works for me, but YMMV.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of a carbivore; been there, done that, had the poundage to prove it. I can never, and will never, head back.

But I've found a way to stick in a few very high carb, indulgent days whenever I'm really in the mood.

Ice cream is my favorite food...ever
    Love cake and pastries
    Some pies
    Pancakes drenched in lots of real butter and good syrup
    Bananas
    Sweet Potatoes with brown sugar
    Roast Beef, pepper jack, and avocado sub

Those are my major high carby friends. Pizza and pasta is good, but I can literally go over a year without and not think twice.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for someone on the Atkins diet to find this.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I really just eat whole grains, fruits, and veggies as carbs
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Carb monster AND PROUD!! :bigsmile: one of my friends tried to make me do the Atkins diet with her, I lasted about half a day before having a sandwich.
    My main carb is definitely bread; good old, wholemeal granary bread, toasted with butter and soup is my favourite thing ever ever. I'm also addicted to rice - I love fried rice, and noodles in stir fries!
  • kc7175
    kc7175 Posts: 11
    Options
    Trader Joe's pretzel bread rolls ... I'm addicted.
    Van's waffles.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    ITT: Hardgainers that eat all the ****.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Been over 400 grams of Carbs in maintenance for over a year now... Make scratch made waffles for breakfast every morning, if not waffle then a couple Bagels with All natural crunchy peanut butter and drizzled with honey... I bake alot of breads (pumpkin nut bread, banana nut bread, zucchini nut bread, to name a few). So yep I am in!! :drinker:
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I tend to hover in the 25-300g range for carbs.

I eat oatmeal, rice and tortillas pretty much every day.

Today's breakfast plan is eggs, peppers and hashbrowns with an english muffin,
    Then maybe some rice and beans, or rice and soup for lunch
    and chili with cornbread for dinner.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love bread so much. I mean I love sweets, especially ice cream, and baked goods, but fresh baked bread is just the best thing ever.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Not all the time. But sometimes I do down a whole bag of plus size starbursts fave' reds. It's 1600 calories for the whole bag. They also have a 1600 calorie skittles bag too that I sometimes ingest in 1 sitting :)

But that's pretty much it. Once a week or every other week I'll have a slice or 2 of pizza.

When I was doing a cyclic keto diet (fun but a logistic nightmare), my carb up days included the double sized boxes of pop-tarts (strawberry, 16 pastries total I think) and a bunch of supermarket sugar cookies (which really weren't that great) and the occasional coconut custard pie (the whole pie).

Oh, there's also apple pie and my grandmother's rice pudding.

Mirin the skittle bag destruction haha. Some serious work there.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    I'm a carbovore myself. Fresh bread, rice, potatoes, pasta. Yum. I can go without most sugary stuff but bread right out of the oven? :heart:

I'm also half Korean half Italian so if I tried to cut out carbs my meals would be so sad!

Yes in your situation you would probably get beat up by family members if you renounced the carbs haha. Baked sources are delicious
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    I love my carbs. I usually eat around 200g a day in pitta, porridge, potatoes, cous cous, fruit n veg, bread. YUM!

Balanced! I like it
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Most days I'm on 200g carbs or less and it feels like a lot, not sure how I'd even mange to eat 400g of carbs unless it was a blow out situation.

I started at 100g when I was intermittent fasting. Quickly realized that I could up them without any consequences. Started from the bottom and now we here. At 360 on a daylee I still feel hungry sometimes after.