Loving myself?????

Options
Ok I need suggestions.... I know I am a fantastic person but how do I learn to love myself. Suggestions needed and wanted.

Thanks
Nikki

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Your the only one who can answer that question. When you look at your self in the mirror, you either do or you don't.

don't confuse not liking how your body looks at how you feel about your self. Body is changeable, you will be you for ever.
  • thefallguy
    Options
    I agree. Maybe you should list things you love about yourself. What makes you a fabulous person. Put a note on your mirror that says "You are beautiful". And quit doubting it!!

:)
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Try writing down something every day - morning, evening or whatever time is best for you - write down one good thing about yourself. It could be something you did that day, how you helped someone else out, didn't eat something that you were craving, set aside 5 minutes to read, whatever but it needs to be positive. If you focus on the good things in your life, you will feel better about yourself as a person. I've also heard that coming up with a positive mantra, something you tell yourself every day as easy as what you said (I am a fantastic person) gets you focused on the positive. Good luck!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Think about how you treat other people you love, and treat yourself the same way.

Do you try to take care of them? Take care of yourself.
    Do you have a family who you try to feed healthful food? Do the same for yourself.
    Do you want them to have time to enjoy life? Give yourself time to enjoy life.

Loving yourself is like oxygen. You know how when you fly the flight attendant tells you that if the oxygen masks come down you need to put your own on before you try to help someone else? This is true throughout life. You need to take care of yourself before you can care for someone else. You need to learn to love yourself before you can truly love others. You say you know you are fantastic. Do you really? Make a list of all the good things about yourself. I'll bet there's a ton of them. Ignore the things you don't like as much. Focus on the positive.

We're here for you.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can hug yourself, You can self-nuture yourself. For me this is taking time to take warm baths and getting pedicures, something to show my self and my body that I really appreciate the fact that it's living.

For you it might be something else, If you can figure out how you show your love to other people, just start showing yourself that same thing. Like if you put up with anything in your life you would not let a loved one deal with alone, then speak up and back to that, that is one form of loving yourself.

look in the mirror directly in your eyeballs, and say "You're beautiful, and I love you" I journal to help me with self-acceptance and loving of myself.

Recognizing that you are fantastic is awesome! You may already love your self and not need our suggestions :)
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have the worst confidence ever... I point out everything I hate about myself daily... hourly... but I've been trying my best to see what I do like about myself. So now when I point out my flaws... I try to find a positive side to it. For example: I hate my weight. (positive side) I'm changing that, I'm losing my weight. Or I look for what I do love about myself. I love my eyes, I love that I'm easy to get along with. Stuff like that. I know its hard to love yourself but you have to try. :)
  • missjboone
    missjboone Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You've heard of 'faking it until you're making it?"
    When you wake up every morning, look yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself how beautiful, sexy, and incredible you are. That you are the most talented ____ (your job) in the world. I know it sounds totally ridiculous, but you will eventually begin to believe it.

I promise, it will start to help! (my trainer makes us try it. I felt totally stupid at first, but after a while, you really start to feel it! :flowerforyou: )
  • Saxophone96
    Options
    Think of your achievements, have you lost any weight recently? Then complement yourself, pick out smething you love and would never want to change. Is your hair sleek? You have a big butt but nice arms? Little things will make you love yourself :)