30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• MontrealBeerLover
    Options
    Today is Day 5 for me.
    I REALLY hate the side lunges, lol. The lightest weight I have at my apartment is 8 lbs, so I have to use those. And holy hell, my arms shake when doing those side lunges. Any of the other exercises with the weights is fine. But those... kill me.
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too and was so happy to make it through the full 20 minutes. I have the most problem with the bicycle move and the jumping jacks. Jumping jack are not something I am comfortable with still as I had a herniated disk in my back a couple of years ago and had to have surgery. I am doing mostly heel jacks right now but started some jumping with the jump rope part yesterday.
  • MontrealBeerLover
    Options
    I started it yesterday, i watched it online the night before and thought it didn't look too bad, I was very wrong, it was so hard!
    I got through it though and my legs felt really shaky walking down the stairs.
    Today I can hardly walk and it even hurts to sit down.
    My heart rate monitor says I burnt 223 calories which is quite good, I only burn around 100 calories in 20 minutes hooping.
    I am going to rest for the weekend, I won't be able to do it while the kids are at home anyway, they wouldn't leave me along long enough so I am going to start again on Monday, hopefully I won't be sore anymore and I will be able to do 5 days straight.
    I will see how it goes.

The first 2 or 3 days you won't be able to walk very well, haha. It will hurt sitting down. You'll have to lower yourself when going to sit down on the toilet, lol. But it gets better after that. Now I'm not sore.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i just did day 6 level 1 this morning. i have a love hate realationship with jm. the side lunges and the squat raise kills me every time
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 now but holy hell I couldn't walk when I woke up the next morning after day 1!! :sad:

My thighs felt like they were going to rip out of my skin, It was so hard going up & down the stairs - let alone sitting on the toilet! Haha.

I better look awesome after the 30 days :laugh:

xx
  • MontrealBeerLover
    Options
    I'm on day 3 now but holy hell I couldn't walk when I woke up the next morning after day 1!! :sad:

My thighs felt like they were going to rip out of my skin, It was so hard going up & down the stairs - let alone sitting on the toilet! Haha.

xx

Ahahahaha did you have to do like me and grab the toilet seat with your arms before lowering yourself down? LMAO. I couldn't do it otherwise. Just did Day 5 before writing this. So glad I'm doing better at every exercise now. It's still hard for me to do those side lunges with the 8 lb weight, but it's more doable now. I still can't do full push-ups though, I have to do those knee ones.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options

xx

Ahahahaha did you have to do like me and grab the toilet seat with your arms before lowering yourself down? LMAO. I couldn't do it otherwise. Just did Day 5 before writing this. So glad I'm doing better at every exercise now, lol.

OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Yep, I did the arm trick - its the only way I could get down :laugh:
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i just did day 6 level 1 this morning. i have a love hate realationship with jm. the side lunges and the squat raise kills me every time
    i agree completely, she does get 'easier' in the sense i know what i',m doing and what to expect., do i still want to chuck my 2 lb weight at her, absolutely!!!! i'm terrified to go to level 2. this was the 8th day i';ve done it and at 48 years old am finally able to keep up doing those !@#*#%^$%* jumping jacks!!!! ugggh
  • sjacobs425
    Options
    I did day 2/level 1 today & made it to the end!!!!! I had to stop a couple of times for a few seconds but I did it! I think I need to use different sized weights for parts of it. I'm using 6 lb but think for the front raises I might need 3 or 4 lbs (I forget what size I have).

I am so proud of myself! I also stayed within my calories today even when I had a choc bar and ice cream! I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything because I caved into my craving but I'm happy with what I had and now I know I don't NEED to have anymore chocolate :)

I can't wait to check out her other DVD's to see what I will do next. I can't wait to give it a shot tomorrow morning! I've got to do it in AM on work days especially---at night I get so much energy I can't sleep. LOL

SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is exciting isn't it!!! i'm so proud of you!
    i only use a 2 lb and should probably be more because i'm not feeling much in way of arms but we do our machines at the gym too.
    i'm feeling better with the workout because i'm used to it. she still kiicks my butt and it's day 9. anxious to hear how you felt after wards and how the next day went!!!

stay strong finish strong!
  • Potty28
    Potty28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Arghh well I took 2 days in a row off, 1 was a planned rest day on Sunday and then Monday life got a bit hectic and I wasn't home until late after work so couldn't fit the shred in.
    Got back to it last night and wow were my thighs burning after the 20minutes!!! This morning I am definately feeling it again and in my calves aswell this time.
    Does anyone else get it that slightly different sections of your thighs etc hurt each time. It's a strange feeling for me as I thought as you were technically working the same muscles and doing the same exercises each time, that the same muscles would hurt??
    Still find the first cardio section the hardest jumping jacks to jump ropes and then back to jumping jacks and more jump ropes arghhh!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • shababi
    shababi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    where do i find the details of of the 30 day shred sound interesting?? help!! :blushing:
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    where do i find the details of of the 30 day shred sound interesting?? help!! :blushing:

You can easily find the first two levels on Youtube, just search for "30 day shred"

I just did the very first session and really enjoyed it. I've been doing squats and lunges for a couple of months or so, so those weren't a big problem, but MY ARMS!!!!

Really looking forward to pushing on though!
  • k8tj
    k8tj Posts: 5
    Options
    i was thinking of buying the DVD - do you need much room at home to do it? x
  • Spaminatin
    Spaminatin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You don't need much room, I have just started and I am able to do level 1 easily in my living room. The exercises are quite static so as long as you can do jumping jacks and lay down for the ab work - that is pretty much all the room you need
  • sjacobs425
    Options
    Arghh well I took 2 days in a row off, 1 was a planned rest day on Sunday and then Monday life got a bit hectic and I wasn't home until late after work so couldn't fit the shred in.
    Got back to it last night and wow were my thighs burning after the 20minutes!!! This morning I am definately feeling it again and in my calves aswell this time.
    Does anyone else get it that slightly different sections of your thighs etc hurt each time. It's a strange feeling for me as I thought as you were technically working the same muscles and doing the same exercises each time, that the same muscles would hurt??
    Still find the first cardio section the hardest jumping jacks to jump ropes and then back to jumping jacks and more jump ropes arghhh!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

you are not alone, i find it the same, however my pain is not nearly what it was, i think i'm about due to look at level 2. i think what hurts is you pay more attention each time, i'm squatting lower, i'm doing the lunges just a little lower, i'm doing the ab bycicles more, but i'm with you I HATE CIRCUIT 1 cardio!!!! When we are done with that i'm like i got the rest of this, but dang those jumping jacks and jump ropes... i actually run in place when i can't do them. it is getting easier, but i still have to stop only for 5 seconds throughout the entire 20 min. and sweat ... man do i still sweat!!! i really do love it, however i'm thinking of listening to my ipod and watching the screen as it seems to get a bit monotonous knowing what she's going to say each time.

good luck and hope you continue. i do it every morning i have had 2 rest days the first week (we were out of town) 1 rest day the next week and this past week took off sunday and monday. i'm on day 15 but technically day 10.