Carb Monsters Unite

Options

Replies

• vinzorelli
    Options
    I get around 350-400 grams a day of carbs and about 70-80 grams of fiber to go with it. Most of my carbs come from fresh fruits and veggies or beans (which I eat a lot of), but I'll occasionally have some Annie's graham crackers or a pb&j sandwich. I've had great success both losing and maintaining weight eating like this, so it works for me, but YMMV.

Holy fiber ! I try to cap mine around 40 50 otherwise there's gonna be a blowout lol. I had a situation like that on a day where I ate 3lbs of red kidney beans in one sitting. I still have my pants.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for someone on the Atkins diet to find this.

Found it. Could care less. I have always say eat what it takes to make you happy healthy and be at the weight you want.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Do you even eggo chocolate chip waffles?
  • vinzorelli
    Options

I knew that one was coming haha. I buy 60 ct boxes and they take up a lot of freezer room. So yes. I eggo chocolate chip waffle.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    ITT: Hardgainers that eat all the ****.

You know it bud
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Trader Joe's pretzel bread rolls ... I'm addicted.
    Van's waffles.

Wish we had a TJs around here. I don't know this feel.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    I tend to hover in the 25-300g range for carbs.

I eat oatmeal, rice and tortillas pretty much every day.

Today's breakfast plan is eggs, peppers and hashbrowns with an english muffin,
    Then maybe some rice and beans, or rice and soup for lunch
    and chili with cornbread for dinner.

Yumm share the carbs
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Count me in!! Been over 400 grams of Carbs in maintenance for over a year now... Make scratch made waffles for breakfast every morning, if not waffle then a couple Bagels with All natural crunchy peanut butter and drizzled with honey... I bake alot of breads (pumpkin nut bread, banana nut bread, zucchini nut bread, to name a few). So yep I am in!! :drinker:

HELL YEAH
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I knew that one was coming haha. I buy 60 ct boxes and they take up a lot of freezer room. So yes. I eggo chocolate chip waffle.

3qkvov.jpg
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Most days I'm on 200g carbs or less and it feels like a lot, not sure how I'd even mange to eat 400g of carbs unless it was a blow out situation.

I started at 100g when I was intermittent fasting. Quickly realized that I could up them without any consequences. Started from the bottom and now we here. At 360 on a daylee I still feel hungry sometimes after.

Can you tell us more about your macros, daily calories, exercise etc? Are you trying to lose weight or maintain? no hate I'm just super curious I'm currently eating roughly 40/40/20 c/p/f macros, 2200-2400 calories, I can't imagine adding more carbs without dropping protein significantly or adding a lot of exercise. At the same time though it might not be the worst thing to decrease protein as all protein sources are generally the dearest thing on the shopping list.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for someone on the Atkins diet to find this.

I'm on a very low carbohydrate diet and I've found this thread. More power to you, I say.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I could happily eat croissants until I die.
    Also, baguettes with salty butter, cream cheese or pesto
    And Lindor chocolate
    Caramel anything
    Crackers and cheese
    Homemade macaroni and cheese
    Rice with milk, sugar and cinnamon
    Cold pizza for breakfast
    Hot chocolate
    Cookie dough
    Cookies
    Cookie dough ice cream
    Chewy chocolate brownies
    Bavarian cream donuts
    The following pies: chocolate cream, coconut cream, banana cream, pecan
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If I could I would only eat carbs. For serious. Meat? Its alright.... fruits and veggies? Their cool too. Carbs? Carbs are my holy grail.

I would eat all the pie, rice, bread (literally all the bread), pasta. Everything.

Also please forgive any spellig errors. I am on my phone and have fat fingers amd am really too lazy to go back and fix them.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel reary ronery.

STILL LAUGHING FROM THIS!!! :drinker: cheers! you made my day!!

Secondly, I am a total carb monster!! I'm on a diet from 1,200- 1,600 cals on the reg (i'm only 4 foot 11) and of that, MY GAWD MY CARBS! I wish I could get my protein even half as high! Everyone always tells me, "oh keep your carbs under 100 and your protein over 100." Well, I've been on about 60grams of protein most days and 260 of carbs...mmmm!! How can you not?!!

I love rice, bread, fruit, cereal...anything. I went HAM on a box of Lucky Charms the other day because they have 3 types of rainbows now (what an excuse!) Ate all the rainbows....now I feed the rest to my pet rats :P

My friends even sat for 3 hours picking marshmallows out of a Costco box of Lucky Charms and putting them in a separate bag for my birthday gift when I was 18....

....I have AMAZING friends...:laugh:
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    since upping my carbs to 300 plus ona daily basis... and doing intermittent fasting... i have dropped over 30 lbs. this is from June 30th to today!!!! i love my carbs!!!!!
    intermittentfasting 10 am to 6 pm!!!!
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Most days I'm on 200g carbs or less and it feels like a lot, not sure how I'd even mange to eat 400g of carbs unless it was a blow out situation.

I started at 100g when I was intermittent fasting. Quickly realized that I could up them without any consequences. Started from the bottom and now we here. At 360 on a daylee I still feel hungry sometimes after.

Can you tell us more about your macros, daily calories, exercise etc? Are you trying to lose weight or maintain? no hate I'm just super curious I'm currently eating roughly 40/40/20 c/p/f macros, 2200-2400 calories, I can't imagine adding more carbs without dropping protein significantly or adding a lot of exercise. At the same time though it might not be the worst thing to decrease protein as all protein sources are generally the dearest thing on the shopping list.

Sure bud. I started with the standard 40 40 20 macro split on a daily basis with 1800 calories when cutting. Dropped fat quick (I know realize I was way under my goals and the drop was too steep too fast) and retained all my strength. I lift heavy for strength using compound exercises and their accessory exercises (good mornings etc) and will incorporate bodybuilding style training for vanity purposes. Right now I'm maintaining at ~2500ish calories with 55% carbs 25% protein and 20% fat. Carb increases happen at 10g. Sometimes 20g per week. I usually follow suit with 5g-10g of fat increases. That's about it.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    I feel reary ronery.

STILL LAUGHING FROM THIS!!! :drinker: cheers! you made my day!!

Secondly, I am a total carb monster!! I'm on a diet from 1,200- 1,600 cals on the reg (i'm only 4 foot 11) and of that, MY GAWD MY CARBS! I wish I could get my protein even half as high! Everyone always tells me, "oh keep your carbs under 100 and your protein over 100." Well, I've been on about 60grams of protein most days and 260 of carbs...mmmm!! How can you not?!!

I love rice, bread, fruit, cereal...anything. I went HAM on a box of Lucky Charms the other day because they have 3 types of rainbows now (what an excuse!) Ate all the rainbows....now I feed the rest to my pet rats :P

My friends even sat for 3 hours picking marshmallows out of a Costco box of Lucky Charms and putting them in a separate bag for my birthday gift when I was 18....

....I have AMAZING friends...:laugh:

I laughed at the Lucky Charms and Marshmallow stories. Seriously.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    since upping my carbs to 300 plus ona daily basis... and doing intermittent fasting... i have dropped over 30 lbs. this is from June 30th to today!!!! i love my carbs!!!!!
    intermittentfasting 10 am to 6 pm!!!!

Nice intake. I rarely see females daring to cross 300g on a daily. Did you walk up the intake? If so, from where? Congrats on the massive fat loss!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I like them all! I shoot for about 60% of my cals from carbs......give me pasta or give me death!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track but I do eat carbs. I'm about to eat a huge plateful of hash-browns! :laugh: