Annoyed

Options
2»

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Judging by the amount you wanted to lose and the fact that the diet is doctor-approved, I'm guessing it's too low for your body to agree with for that long and your TDEE has probably lowered in response.

I'd zig zag my calories or even take a week of eating at maintenance, etc. Let your body know that it's going to get some really good fuel on some days (1 day?) a week, or for a week (or longer?). If you can trick it into thinking you are full and fueled often enough, it will be less likely to slow in response to your diet.

Yes, it's the 'eat more' answer :) But I don't know that it has to be every day or anything. A re-feed day might do it. You'd just have to try as far as I know.

If your calories aren't too low, you can try keeping the same weekly average and just zig zag them. But if that makes some days go ridiculously low, that's no good.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    lower the sodium and up the water intake...
  • eslonlineteacherguy
    Options
    Sounds like you're due for a reset. If your body has adapted to your workouts and diet, that could be the reason. The only way to really find out for sure is to reset, or reboot yourself. I suggest shaking up your diet for a week. Drink tons of water to get rid of the impurities and curb your appetite. Increase protein and carb intake. Stay away from fruit and all sugars. Eat lots and lots of veggies, and NO juices of any kind. ONLY WATER! This will shake your system up and put you back on track if you're still doing your exercises. It's tough, but if you want to keep on your journey to achieve your goal, then it's gotta be done. Good luck!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. To the few of you who feel I am being defensive about my diary being closed. I am not. What you eat may work for you, but might not work for me. The post was asking for suggestions on getting over the hump. Not for suggestions on my diary. Sorry if that came off as mean or rude. I am a pretty friendly person. But again thanks for all the suggestions that were offered. I am going to tweak a few things and see if things have changed by the end of the month.