what is your plan for keeping weight off this winter?

Options

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Stay at my calorie goal. That's really it. :bigsmile:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm just planning to keep logging honestly.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Great plans.
    I will keep doing what I'm doing. I will finish T25, working out each morning. Running challenge groups to keep motivated. Careful on the eating but treats once in awhile. Decide if P90X3 or something else will come next !
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what I'm doing.
  • lizaloveee
    Options
    Keep monitoring my calories. I work at a horse farm so the extra work all the snow gives me (pushing wheelbarrows, bringing horses in and out, etc) gives me extra calories burned. I also eat better at home than I do at school, so I'm planning on (by that point) maintaining and nothing else!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run a cycle of Raspberry Keytones and eat African mango while minimizing my carbohydrate intake and cleaning all of my food very thoroughly while checking with my local paleontology department to make sure it's totally cave-man and I'll grab my shakeweight and do high reps low weight for toning standing on a bosu ball in the smith machine.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Keep on doing what I'm doing. I've already accounted for a bit more splurging for the latter half of December, but on the whole I should be at my goal weight before winter is up.

I've come a long way and am too close to be worried about "keeping weight off" this winter. My weight is flying off and I plan to keep it that way.
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi...things that works for me is keeping in touch with MF Pals and logging in regularly.

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • Solomino
    Solomino Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am going to read from the motivation and support forum and read lots of success stories. I read a post from Mcgrawhaha today that so inspired me to keep going no matter what. I plan on reading that post often. I will keep my routine of exercise in the morning between 10-12. I am well stocked with Xbox exercise tapes as well as my treadmill.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run a cycle of Raspberry Keytones and eat African mango while minimizing my carbohydrate intake and cleaning all of my food very thoroughly while checking with my local paleontology department to make sure it's totally cave-man and I'll grab my shakeweight and do high reps low weight for toning standing on a bosu ball in the smith machine.

wVLxqy1.jpg
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I will walk and run outside no matter what the weather. Snow and cold weather won't kill me and I have those spiky things for my shoes so I can keep up my pace without slipping.
  • donjessop
    donjessop Posts: 186
    Options
    1) Keep logging what I eat
    2) Keep planning my meals
    3) Switch to indoor exercise (just bought a treadmill) because it gets darned cold up north
    4) Keep setting short term targets for myself (ex. when I hit 50 lbs off, when I do more than xx kilometers in a week, xx lbs by yy date)
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I won't change most things, but I'll be eating a lot of soup because it's filling and low in calories. I'll also try to go to more exercise/yoga classes since I'll be outside less.

Holiday parties are tough not to binge at. I might bring some healthy options if it's a pot-luck type thing, or I won't eat much before I go and then make healthy choices.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Just doing what I'm already doing.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh I just LOVE your list!!
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2) no steak until after Feb (because these are the months I put on the most weight)

Steak makes you gain weight? How big are your cuts, what sides are you having with it, and what are you putting on it? Get a reasonable size steak and limit the sides, then you can have it as often as you want and still lose weight. When I went home during the summer I had steak every other week and still lost weight, it's too tasty to give up.

But I'm planning to keep on doing what I've been doing. I can have whatever I want, just in smaller amounts. I'm also going to remind myself where I was a year ago and that I never want to go back there again.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying to lose more weight this winter. My plan is not to do any holidays. To do the least possible in that regard. Like to show up for the shortest time at the home of some relative and just having already eaten something within my cal goals and allowing extra cal goals for that meal (probably earned thru workout) and not taking home leftovers. not attending parties before the holiday. not sending or making anything for school events around that time. not going to extra library or store events during that time. and not sending out christmas cards so people can't get my new address and send me sweets or anything as a "sorry can't be there" type gift. any gifts of food husband brings home will go to the next homeless person i see driving around if freshly made. or if still i it's package regifted. that's my plan. just this one year. next year i'll have all my extra maintenance cals to work with and so i can handle it. this year i just plan to have a get it over with mentality.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    hmmm having some sort of deja vu here.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what I'm already doing and what I did last winter. Details here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1095703-mfp-1-year-anniversary

The main change that I make during winter is to switch to winter vegetables, especially onions, potatoes, and cabbage. I eat more hot meals. Usually this means cutting the veggies up and microwaving them until cooked. I also stock up on canned crushed tomatoes, which provide the base for what you might call a soupy stew. The stew serves as my main meal of the day. Here's a sample:

1. Organic crushed tomatoes, half a 25-oz. container: 130 calories, 26g carbs, 7g protein, 1,170mg potassium, 975mg sodium
    2. Large yellow onion, diced: 150 calories, 80g carbs, 10g protein, 60mg sodium
    3. Cheddar, 2 oz: 220 calories, 18g fat, 14g protein, 360mg sodium
    A few shakes of hot sauce, which I don't log. It has zero calories and about 150mg of sodium.

Total: 500 calories, 106g carbs, 18g fat, 31g protein, 1,170mg potassium, 1,395mg sodium (not counting the hot sauce)

I dice the onions, spread them on a microwave-safe plate, cover with another microwave-safe plate, and nuke for about 10 minutes. While they're cooking I pour half a can of the diced tomatoes into a microwave-safe bowl and add the hot sauce. When the onions are done I remove them -- with towels because those plates are hot -- from the microwave and transfer the onions to the bowl. I crumble the cheddar on top and microwave, covered, for another 5 minutes. Stir and enjoy.

Be interesting to see how I do with the cold this winter, seeing as I'm 38 pounds lighter than I was a year ago. It can get cold even in Florida, plus my blood's thinned from living here for a decade. When I was at the weight shown in my avatar photo from 11 years ago I literally turned blue from the cold during one walk because I acted as though I still had padding. I (hope I) know better now.