Snacks?

Options
Any good low calorie filling snack ideas? I'm on a doctor monitored 800 calorie diet right now and I'm looking for something low in calorie that is also satisfying aka can hold me over, so probably something with a lot of protein I'd assume? Any suggestions?

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn, its my go too snack. I buy Act 11 - 94% Fat Free Popcorn its about 100 calories per bag (6.5 cups per bag)
    I also like Nature valley granola thins, they are 80 calories each, and I get my chocolate fix. Yum
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1/2 of a Quest bar. Around 85-100 calories (depending on the flavor) and 1/2 the bar would be around 10 grams of protein. They're delish.

Also you could make 1/2 a protein shake for about 100 calories. I use the GNC Total Lean Total Lean 25 shakes so 1/2 of that would be 12.5 grams of protein and 100 calories (I mix it with ice and water)

Cucumbers dipped in Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese 35 cal wedges.

Sliced Turkey or Chicken

Boiled Egg

Egg white omelette

Chicken Broth

Tuna

5 green olives =25 calories and then a piece of string cheese with it.

Sliced raw peppers and a piece of cheese OR turkey
  • Mindychu88
    Options
    Ty for the suggestions! :) I'll have to pick up some cucumbers and the laughing cow cheese, that sounds amazing and I could eat my weight in cucumbers >.< lol
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I buy a whole bag of popcorn kernels and air-pop them. Cheap, low-cal snack.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I usually like to combine whole grains or proteins with fruits or vegetables. The produce should give you a decent amount of volume, but adding the whole grain or protein will make it seem more filling.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Popcorn isn't very nutritious and it's mostly air. Eat some fat free cottage cheese -- low cal high protein. Add flavor w fruit.
  • Lexandreia
    Options
    Egg whites with tons of hot sauce and a little dijon mustard. Cucumbers, celery, sugar snap peas, homemade kale chips. A "scramble" of steamed veggies with chopped up cauliflower florets as a base, soup.

I've noticed one hard-boiled egg is usually enough to tide me over to a next meal.