home workout dvds...

Options
Anyone have suggestions for favorite home workout dvds??? I'm just starting my weight loss journey but I'm pretty active so I am not sure where to start. I was thinking Insanity or ChaLean... Something along those lines I guess

I'm just not sure. Was wanting some advice

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred level 1 is on Youtube for free if you want to try that out.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    IMO, the best one i've tried so far has been Insanity. That is an awesome but challenging workout.
  • kp306308
    kp306308 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Brazil Butt Lift! It gives serious results... I personally see a difference/feel difference EVERY workout.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    The butt bible
    Supreme 90 day
    Jm 30 day shred
    All of Jackie Warner!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Not a DVD, but Nike Training Club is a free app that's loaded with over 100 different workouts from 15-45 minutes in length. Some use dumbbells, medicine ball, etc, some are just body weight. All are awesome. :smile:
  • kristinamillar88
    Options
    I can only work out at home no money for gym, two young girls so i walk a lil, i have an exercise bike i use weights and strength train, i also have a few dvds, i love the biggest loser dvd uk also im borrowing insanity. xx
  • cruz2622
    cruz2622 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have heard a lot about Insanity and Jillian Michaels. I just ordered Insanity and am about to check out jillians 30 day shred on YouTube! Thanks guys!!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week of the 30 day shred and it's a great workout. Didn't realize it was free on YouTube. I bought the first level (there are 3) on Amazon Prime for $1.99. I will go to You Tube for now on.

It's only 20 mins long, but my body feels it. My husband has the insanity dvds and I haven't tried them yet. A bit hardcore for me.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is good for beginners. 20 minutes long, and the exercises are fairly basic. Insanity is a great workout, but a lot of people don't finish it because it's long and pretty intense. My suggestion would be complete 30 Day Shred, and then start on Insanity.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am in the last phase of Chalean Extreme and it is excellent!!! I have loved every phase of it and look forward to working out every morning!!! :smile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Also - check your local library for workout DVDs! Great way to try them out before spending the money.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is the intensity you're looking for but I like the Leslie Sansone - Walk at Home dvds, basic step youtube work outs, and Sunrise & Sunset Tai Chi with Ramel Rones.

I go for work outs that are easy on the joints because I have a lot of weight and I'm not a youngin' anymore.

Burpees et al. are NOT for me. ^_^