Diet / Weightloss pills that actually work?

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Hello I'm another one who tried everything in the past diet pills don't work ...i been going to a dietary doctor and getting B-12 shots or u can take b-12 pills the doc gives you & a pill that suppress your hunger & I'm amazed I lost 20lbs the first months yes you still need to workout & eat right & lots of water ..I seen other people to that lost a lot of weight doing this ...hope it help u can send me a msg if ya want .deb

Your weight loss had nothing to do with the shots.......

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/02/fetish-vitamin-b12-shots.html
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Crack and cocaine work pretty well to suppress appetite. Instant weight loss guaranteed.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    K, so im a person thats tried a lot of things so hears some facts that i can personally say, not sure if itll be acurate for others but it is for me personally.
    What ive learned is:

Jullian Michaels pills do not work. Ive tried her 30 day detox ones (29.99$) and they did NOTHING. Also she was arrested for false advertisement and convicted but for some reason theyre still available.

Rasberry Keytones (7.99) -I used the vitamine in the vitamin section instead of the more expensive one, and what I noticed is that I ate a lot less. You take two in the morning right before you eat, i reccomend about a half hour before, and then you eat and you feel full way fast. So what I did was drank pure water before each bite, chewed slower, and was eating only half of what i usually did. Also, it takes away the desire to eat throughout the day so i found myself making myself eat. So, since you said that your not relying soley on the pills to lose weight, i think they would work for you. I have also a friend thats lost about 50 pounds just taking the keytones, and exersizing twice a week but not watching what she ate or when she ate. So they do actually work for some people, I lost about 7 pounds but they just got out of my price range when theyre like 8$ a bottle and i was using about a bottle a week.

Green Tea Supplement pills: I am currently taking these one pill at lunch each day, I work out 5 days a week, eat around 1200-1500 calories a day, and drink tons of water and am losing about four pounds healthily a week. Im sticking with these because i am not sure if its the pill, or the excersize, or the food but whatever it is i dont want to change anything because i dont think ive never lost weight like this before. And the best part is i feel amazing! better then ever, im happy, energized, awake, and feel amazing. So i reccomend these.

Also, Drinking 1-2 gallons of pure water a day speeds up your metabolism and keeps your body well hydrated which means that no matter what you do, you burn twice the calories you normally do. You body can soak up and use 4oz of fresh water every ten minutes, so just do that if anything else doesnt work.

Any vitimins, and water will speed up your fat loss. You dont need special made things, just making sure your body is super hydrated, and filled up with its vitimins then your doing good.

*facepalm*
    Your post is full of misinformations.
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    False information? So my body and my results are lyeing to me huh? Well, Last I checked Heres some facts k?

http://ririanproject.com/2006/09/07/10-reasons-to-drink-more-water/
    The above site is about how good water is for you, that your body intakes 4 oz of water every 10-15 minutes. And that it helps speed up your metabolism

I did think that Jillian Michaels Was arrested but my HUGE appoligies on being so far off, she was sued four seperate times for falsely advertising her pills that dont work. My bad. heres the link to that proving that she was sued.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/jillian-michaels-lawsuit-biggest-loser-star-sued-allegedly/story?id=11332300#.UZ7ombVJ7CY

Rasberry keytones are proven to help not make you as hungry just like i said when paired with excersize as well as increased fat burn. Heres the proof...i mean link to that.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottle -Dr Oz seems pretty reliable.

Also, I mentioned that increasing your vitamins help speed up your matabolism. So heres a link to that.

http://www.progressivehealth.com/speed_up_metabolism.asp

And lastly the Green tea fat burner pill (which mainly im taking because green tea does help and i dont like tea.)

http://fatburner.net/fat-burners/green-tea-fat-burner/

Now Note: Obviously there are always going to be critics and people trying to influence your ideas. I believe that since ive tried them, I know what works with my body and what doesnt. So, since you asked opinions and about experiences, I shared mine and i hope it helped. But i am shocked at how judging and skeptical everyone was to MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, Last I checked the two things > raspberry keytone Vitimins (not the diet pill but the vitamin) and green tea vitimin are good for you. Unless you are against things that are healthy then you shouldnt have a problem. I dont reccomend things like lipozene and things but experimenting with vitimins that have been proven to booste your metabolism system cannot hurt. Even taking prenatal vitimins might help even if your not pregnant. The more water and vitimins the healthier youll be and the more fat youll be able to burn during excersize. Thanks everyone :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    nope... if there was, everyone would be skinny!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Ephedrine.

Loved it when it was available. Everything else now? Pttht.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Ephedrine.
    True, but it's dose dependent and in reality just a small percentage of assistance. Some don't react well to the jitter or higher heart rate too.
    Not against it, but personally I believe people should just get it done with *kitten* busting work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    :noway: There are pills that actually work?!?!?
    lol jk
    I think i've tried them all and it is all CRAP.
    I was always looking for an easy way out until it hit me. THERE IS NO EASY WAY OUT!!!!!

OMG.

well now i am sticking to my diet and hitting the gym every day and actually seeing progress :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    False information? So my body and my results are lyeing to me huh? Well, Last I checked Heres some facts k?

http://ririanproject.com/2006/09/07/10-reasons-to-drink-more-water/
    The above site is about how good water is for you, that your body intakes 4 oz of water every 10-15 minutes. And that it helps speed up your metabolism

I did think that Jillian Michaels Was arrested but my HUGE appoligies on being so far off, she was sued four seperate times for falsely advertising her pills that dont work. My bad. heres the link to that proving that she was sued.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/jillian-michaels-lawsuit-biggest-loser-star-sued-allegedly/story?id=11332300#.UZ7ombVJ7CY

Rasberry keytones are proven to help not make you as hungry just like i said when paired with excersize as well as increased fat burn. Heres the proof...i mean link to that.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottle -Dr Oz seems pretty reliable.

Also, I mentioned that increasing your vitamins help speed up your matabolism. So heres a link to that.

http://www.progressivehealth.com/speed_up_metabolism.asp

And lastly the Green tea fat burner pill (which mainly im taking because green tea does help and i dont like tea.)

http://fatburner.net/fat-burners/green-tea-fat-burner/

Now Note: Obviously there are always going to be critics and people trying to influence your ideas. I believe that since ive tried them, I know what works with my body and what doesnt. So, since you asked opinions and about experiences, I shared mine and i hope it helped. But i am shocked at how judging and skeptical everyone was to MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, Last I checked the two things > raspberry keytone Vitimins (not the diet pill but the vitamin) and green tea vitimin are good for you. Unless you are against things that are healthy then you shouldnt have a problem. I dont reccomend things like lipozene and things but experimenting with vitimins that have been proven to booste your metabolism system cannot hurt. Even taking prenatal vitimins might help even if your not pregnant. The more water and vitimins the healthier youll be and the more fat youll be able to burn during excersize. Thanks everyone :)
    Peer reviewed (which the above links aren't) studies are the standard because anecdotes can be stated by anyone. Personal opinions are just that, opinions because they aren't back by empirical evidence. It's nothing personal. People should just be aware of actual results from actual peer reviewed studies rather than taking the word of celebrities, and promoters of products.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    BTW - lipozene is just fibre.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Clen ...
    ..But I don't condone it, so I don't get in trouble for stating that it works or for 'promiting' it

Legally, the best is Oxy Elite from USP labs.. Its the ONLY one that really assists in fat loss, however I wouldn't really recommend any to you for health concerns, do as you wish
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    no.gif

on it.

This.
  • 1curlygirl76
    1curlygirl76 Posts: 2 Member
    Poor Hannah! I don't think it is fair to jump on her with your passionate view of diet and fitness as the sole keys to success. Then again, pills are not always the answer either. BUT, healthy pills, like vitamin and mineral supplements are good, so is water. Like Hannah, I have recently turned to using a "natural diet pill", green coffee extract with green tea added. Hate to break the news to all of you fitness junkies, some of you have your dumbbell shoved too far up your glutes. I am a woman who is struggling with over 100 pounds of extra weight which suddenly packed on me while I was pregnant with my first child 17 years ago. I exercise 2 hrs a day, 5x/wk, eat 75% organic foods. I avoid crap food. My hubby and kids complain because I don't buy junk and we eat healthy foods. Yet, I do not lose weight. I have been going hard at the gym for three months, and my clothes fit the same and I weigh the same. I have had full panels of blood work done for years to figure out why I don't lose the weight. To my doctors, I look like a liar. I average 1300cal a day and burn at least 3000 a day (as measured by my BodyMedia LINKarmband). In four days of using this new supplement I see some results, but -I- will see if it works. Every body is different. Is it desirable to have to use a pill to lose weight? Nope. Is it the easy way out? Nope, it's the desperate nothing-else-works-so-I-will-try-anything-in-addition-to-diet-and-exercise!!

If diet and exercise worked for everyone, more people would be skinny!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    "If diet and exercise worked for everyone, more people would be skinny! "

If everybody worked on diet and exercise, more people would be skinny...... Seriously strong first post...I prefer coffee to crappy expensive supplements,,,:yawn:
  • MichMunchkin
    MichMunchkin Posts: 94 Member
    Hi there :)

Do any of those "Weight loss" pills really work? I have heard a lot about Raspberry Ketone.
    I don't want something to replace exercise and diet, I want something that will help me as well as that.

Take it from someone who's tried everything from SlimFast to "natural" stuff like green coffee extract to the hardcore diet pills with ephedra in them -- they don't work. They're a waste of time and money, and in the extreme, can cause major problems. Do it the right way and you'll never regret it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Poor Hannah! I don't think it is fair to jump on her with your passionate view of diet and fitness as the sole keys to success. Then again, pills are not always the answer either. BUT, healthy pills, like vitamin and mineral supplements are good, so is water. Like Hannah, I have recently turned to using a "natural diet pill", green coffee extract with green tea added. Hate to break the news to all of you fitness junkies, some of you have your dumbbell shoved too far up your glutes. I am a woman who is struggling with over 100 pounds of extra weight which suddenly packed on me while I was pregnant with my first child 17 years ago. I exercise 2 hrs a day, 5x/wk, eat 75% organic foods. I avoid crap food. My hubby and kids complain because I don't buy junk and we eat healthy foods. Yet, I do not lose weight. I have been going hard at the gym for three months, and my clothes fit the same and I weigh the same. I have had full panels of blood work done for years to figure out why I don't lose the weight. To my doctors, I look like a liar. I average 1300cal a day and burn at least 3000 a day (as measured by my BodyMedia LINKarmband). In four days of using this new supplement I see some results, but -I- will see if it works. Every body is different. Is it desirable to have to use a pill to lose weight? Nope. Is it the easy way out? Nope, it's the desperate nothing-else-works-so-I-will-try-anything-in-addition-to-diet-and-exercise!!

If diet and exercise worked for everyone, more people would be skinny!

So you are saying a calorie deficit worked? Because that is what I am seeing. Green bean extract isnt' why you lost, it was the deficit. Also, this thread is 6 months old.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Ephedrine.

^^This... yeah, I don't recommend it. If there were any that actually worked there wouldn't be so many people on here trying to lose weight still. We all would have just taken the magical pill and *poof* we'd be skinny.

Ephedrine works just like cocaine, meth, adderall works. You don't feel like eating and you're basically doing cardio at rest due to the increased heart rate and hypertension.

Any pill that works will not advertise its ability to burn calories, rather it's ability to suppress appetite. There are some things out there that actually do this quite well, though as your body adjusts to them they taper off in how well they work. Eventually usually when you get off them your raging appetite returns and you gain all of it back.

Did this years ago when it was still approved for weight loss. Lost 15 or so pounds without any real effort. Side effects were tough (essentially mimics your adrenal system and adrenaline) which made my day to day work stress more difficult. I gained back all of the lost weight because I hadn't learned how to eat differently. Ended up gaining 40 lbs over 10 years until I found MFP.

Learning to lose and control weight by controlling your food and exercise is the last gift. I looked like crap when I lost it through gimmicks. Don't look for the short cuts, if they work at all, they don't last nor do they give you what you are really looking for.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Green Coffee Bean Extract is a great part of any diet!

The product works by raising your metabolism and blocking your bodies ability to absorb fat.

Soooo, I can ignore the laws of thermodynamics with this? Just... go crazy. Since, it'll block the fat and my metabolisms will be at superhuman level. This will turn me into the Flash?
  • Do it naturally! Your body is equipped with everything it needs.. you just have to keep moving.......and eat in moderation...