Going from 150lbs - 130lbs and looking for others in the sam

Options

Replies

• jpfrimmer
    Options
    I started at 160 and my first goal is 135, then I'll see if I want to lose more. I'm currently at 153 and it has taken 6 weeks to lose 7 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 156, goal is 130, I also just started my journey last week.
    I've tried dozens of different gimmicks, glad now that i can eat what I want, just be careful and take everything in moderation.

I know it is going to be slow but hopefully with support, I can keep going. ;)

I would happily accept more friends and look forward to not doing this alone!
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm 5'2" and started at 148.4 jst over a month ago. I lost 10.5 lbs in four weeks and 2" of my waist, so was super pleased! However, the past week no weight loss or no inch loss :( so I'm really gutted but decided to take matters up a level. I started 30DS this morning (which proper killed me lol), I'm hoping this is the kick up the behind I need.

Feel free to add me, good luck everyone :) x
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Starting weight was 158 and joined MFP around 145. Still working my way down but it's definitely slow moving and I feel your pain and get discouraged too when I don't see any scale action after being SOO GOOD :(! I just tell myself if I keep it up the scale will eventually budge in the right direction.. if I give up or give in it DEFINITELY won't!

Feel free to add me!
  • cdalt24
    Options
    I started at 156 pounds last August and now a year later I'm 130. very slow and frustrating at times, but my ultimate goal is to be anywhere from 120 to 125. feel free to add me! :)
  • ASF68
    ASF68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same spot. Started here in May at 153. Hit an eternal plateau right off the bat and was between 149 and 151 for over a month. Participated in a challenge last month and things started moving slowly. Would like to get down to the mid-130s. At this rate, it will take a while but I'm hoping this way it will be lifestyle change and will also be permanent.

Sounds like others are interested, too. If anyone decides to form a group or challenge, please include me.
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    you can add me as a friend, i would be happy to support you, i need the support too ... i can't get off the 150 mark no matter what i do. i stopped doing the daily check-in with mfp because i got so depressed with never losing a pound & trying so hard. the last few weeks have been an orgy of carbs & sugar & beer & chocolate. so now i am going on the cabbage soup diet to jump-start myself into a healthier eating pattern & hope that with at least even a few pounds off the 150 mark, i will have the will power to stop binge-eating & binge-drinking. i really want to see 140 & 135 again. i have clothes i can't wear & want to. so please, add me as a friend, i need the support & will support you, too. thanks, polly
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would love some friends around the 130 mark too. I went from 147 to 133lb and now thinking about maintenance which is actually quite scary! X
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    This is me too - I started at about 155lbs and am now down to about 136 - but the last 4/5 lbs have taken over 2 months and have been a struggle to shift.

My goal weight is around 125-130lbs so a bit to go yet, but like they say the closer you are to goal the harder it is to sort out.
  • m_lang
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I am 1 lb away from my first mini goal and I would like to keep going and get to around 140. I had a baby 6 months ago, and I am down 43lbs. Feeling like I need people in same boat to keep this weight loss going down too :wink:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey dont feel bad! you can do this! i started off at 158lbs last year (joined mfp when i got to 141lbs). keep logging and keep active! it WILL happen :)

''Our greatest weakness lies in giving up, The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time''

i love this saying too as it worked well for me and hence why its in my ticker to always remind me! this time i wasnt going to give up! ive lost weight before and couldnt keep it off! but 5 months of maintainance and counting! if i can do it you can too!
  • Beautifylgirl
    Beautifylgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'2 and started at 166 and am heading towards 120-125. I currently am at 154.5 and hoping to keep going at a steady pace. Making me a new person for Christmas. :)
    Like everyone say's , because we have little to loose it will take longer to get there but in the end it's worth it.
    Brittany
  • rhi_jones
    Options
    Hi, I am losing about 1lb a week. going from 175 to 147 (5'10), it can be frustrating, but the way I see it is it will stay off doing it slowely. Plus atleast it IS coming off :-D ... keep up the good work!!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I started at 178 but I am currently at around 152. I'm hoping to get somewhere between 135 and 125 - won't know until I get there!
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and @ my heaviest I was 160. I am now around 148 and it has been a slow battle and I am a extreme slacker . But this time I am determined to make it down to 120 . I fully understand where you are coming from!

Feel free to add me and we can support each other on this journey :)
  • elizabethP83
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing.. I'm 156 and wanna go down to 130:) I work out 3 times a week but no changes... so i stopped.I reallyneed some motovation and workout and eating tips so I can reach my goal and feel confident! :(
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    It's hard. I'm in my 150s hoping to get to the 120s.
  • rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started at 165lbs, and currently 158lbs. I haven't lost anything since I started at the gym 2 weeks ago little :( I'm trying to accept the 'eat more' theory, so haven't accepted the 1200 mfp recommendation; rather, I have set it to 1700 (too high???) but it's so difficult! I'm exercising 5 days a week and trying to incorporate alot of weights, as heavy as I can go, but no change in the scale...
    sigh...slow and steady...
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am right in this range. This is my 3rd attempt to lose the weight (attempt 1 about 5 years ago, and attempt 2 this spring both failed, though I worked so hard!) and this time I am determined not to give up.

Feel free to add me - I would love to have friends in the same boat as me!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Please add me!

I don't have a scale now but last I weighed in the month of May I was 128 to 130.

We traveled since then and so after weighing in May I must have put on over 20 pounds during the summer months.

Since the first of september I have lost over 3 inches from my waist and gone down at least a size in pants

so I can pretty safely say I have lost 15 pounds since getting consiousness back and recovering from just eating whatever I wanted

up to 2500 cals a day over the summer.

I'm 5'7" and feel so much better when I am at 130 or less.

Wishing you all the best in your coming up shrinking weeks!