Ho to kill a Chocolate cake craving in minimal calories?!

Options
Most of the time one or two squares or chocolate will kill this craving. But not at the moment! One of the downsides of being a female.
Suggestions?

Replies

• tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Get up and go do something, have a shower or a bath or just move to a different room and read. Distract yourself from food.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm trying but my brain is pretty stubborn haha

And I did mean how* not ho. :noway:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    eat the cake... work out.. move on.
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree - you should just enjoy your chocolate cake and then workout extra, or just account for the extra calories the cake has within your daily intake.

But what I like to do is make a low calorie hot chocolate: 1 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of sugar (or more, depends how sweet you like it), mix that up with water and add light/skim milk. Usually comes to under 50 calories, and it makes me feel satisfied.

Another thing you can do is make dairy free brownies from medjool dates, hazlenuts/walnuts and cocoa powder - blend that all up, press into pan, refrigerate then cut into squares. Delicious! Super chocolatey but no butter, flour or baking involved :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Vanilla scent will kill that.... it tricks your brain into thinking you have had something sweet.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Vanilla scent will kill that.... it tricks your brain into thinking you have had something sweet.

ill sniff some vanilla extract the next time I want ice cream... im curious if it will actually have a psychological effect
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Girl.. sometimes you just gotta have cake. When I'm in that mood, serving myself a tiny half inch piece of cake will just piss me off.

Enjoy it, log it, and move on. If you're really worried about it just work out a little extra to have the calories for it.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Heard that and tried that back in the day, ended up sniffing vanilla while eating cookies.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you crave chocolate cake have protein and complex carbs. If you are like me then having any sugar based product when you crave sugar will make it go away - for a half an hour, and then it will come back twice as strong as before
  • Lexandreia
    Options
    Brush your teeth, drink tons of water. Bite a raw onion.

Or chocolate milk
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Eat some cake.

I wanted cake today, so I had a carrot cake cupcake. Was delicious, would do again. Don't make life any more complex than it has to be.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Figure out how many calories are in the chocolate you ant and then work out until you've burnt it off, or most of it off to fit it into your calories for the day. Then eat it and be like "I earned this. mmmm." :)

For a lower calorie option I will sometimes make chocolate milk with Ovaltine. It's less calories and the milk fills me up.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Heard that and tried that back in the day, ended up sniffing vanilla while eating cookies.

bigstock_You_Win_Road_Sign_4335631.jpg
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    try a vanilla free chocolate. it is or can be hard to find but it might help.

edited to add vanilla make me ill, ingested or inhaled. There by hangs a very long tale.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    A mug of hot chocolate works better for me. Fewer calories by volume and it takes longer to consume.
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    eat the cake... work out.. move on.

This ^^^^ :)
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    have some hot chocolate. you may be deficient in magnesium, so nuts/fruit/seeds may help.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Definitely have a bit of cake if you want it that much. Even if you don't feel like exercising back all of the calories today, just do it over the next couple of days and make sure you eat well then. Your body doesn't go 'oh, it's midnight, calories start from scratch'.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have some dark chocolate on hand and that usually does it for me ... lol