see how much can lose by christmas?! pals needed!

Options
Hello, am new, and would like to be in my family Christmas photos this year instead of hiding from the camera!!! I need some motivating friends and will give good support in return! Have 4 stone to lose, am biggest I have ever been and unfittest. Anyone out there in same boat or anyone doing well and can tell me how they did it?! Look forward to hearing from you x

Replies

• alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there fifi, I am fairly new to MFP and have had some success doing it the right way over the past month or so, as I hit my heaviest weight ever this summer too. I need to keep going!! I have set a goal of 1-2 lbs per wek (not sure how that converts into stones) but I am motivated to keep going even though I'm going on a cruise next month (Yikes!!! All that food, and maybe no access to the net to keep track!!!!). So I haven't made it through all the hurdles I'm anticipating, but I think it's time to add some support too. I started by making 1300 calories my daily goal, making sure I eat with three meals and three small snacks everyday. I ALWAYS skipped breakfast, so this was new. Make sure you track EVERYTHING, and make a commitment to move some every day too. Walking for 30 minutes and at least breaking a sweat is a great start. Check out the forums to learn more as you go, and then, as Nike says, "JUST DO IT"!

Feel free to add me for sure, would love some new friends!!
  • hopeteeple
    Options
    New here too. Doing a rejuvenation cleanse. It will help me pinpoint my problem foods. Then i will be able to eliminate toxic food that my body cant tolerate. Going to the gymat least 5 days a week. Starting slow at gym had two total hip replacements. Good luck
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    mEEEEE! i joined diet chef uk. lost a couple of stone in the first 4 weeks with no exercise or limited ;)

hoping to be squeezing into a nice little dress for christmas and new year :)
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im in for a Christmas challenge :) Been here 3 years, was doing really well ( lost 19kg / 42 pounds ) until I started a new job 6 months ago- working 13 hr days meant my health and fitness suffered due to l ack of time and energy.

Sick of being tired and sick, and my team at work have started a biggest loser challenege for the next 8 weeks- great motivation to help me work out at 5am and squeeze in ME time :) Gonna win the comp and money and beat the boys :P

Feel free to add me- Im on a war path and can help you if you'd like :)

Mel
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me too! Im signed up for a couple 10 k's between now and then, and have a high school reunion to go to over Xmas break. Definitely in a good place to start training to get my times down, and tone up a bit before going home! Im aiming for about 10 lbs (one/week for the next couple months). LETS DO IT!!
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add ????
  • GreekGoddess7319
    Options
    I'm in a Christmas "challenge" as well, though my "opponent" does not seem as committed to losing weight as I am. Christmas is my deadline to squeeze into "average" on the BMI chart, though, so diet and exercise it is for me! Feel free to add me as well if you need encouragement and are willing to help keep me accountable. :)
  • rbthreatt
    Options
    I'm in! Just had my fourth baby and the weight isn't just falling off like it used to. I need some encouragement and support for sure, and would love to be able to offer it in return to others.
  • stephlang410
    Options
    I'm in too! Would love to join a group to help encourage and
    keep focused! A weight loss goal for Christmas sounds great -
    even though it is probably most challenging time of year!! Just had my
    third baby and hitting a wall with this whole process. I encouraged now that I found MFP
    and these forums!
  • HellHammer73
    Options
    I am the biggest I have ever been and I am in the military.. I do a lot of cardio.. i am no pro so, it is just my suggestion... I do the weight loss workout on the Elliptical for 30 minutes and then move to the bike for 30 minutes on the weight loss...(make sure you put in age and weight so it does the right resistance for you) I have done that everyday since Wednesday.. today is Saturday and dropped 3 lbs already and stayed under my limits of food intake everyday.. seems to be working..
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 12kg by xmas, I've lost 6kg so far, but it's slowing down a lot. I have 8 weeks odd to lose 6 more kg - don't think I'm going to make it. :(
  • ni1966
    ni1966 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, sounds great, I will join you. I have 30 lbs to lose.
  • flfi
    flfi Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you, they'll be plenty of us to keep each other going! My goal today is small, but hard- just to do a long walk and no snacking!!!! It's raining hard, good British weather!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's clearing here in Nottingham. I have a walk planned too.

I've been here 18 months now. It's a great site. Follow the guidelines, do plenty of exercise, eat back your exercise (verify your burns though) and don't expect to lose 4 stone by Christmas!

Oh - and DON'T feel you're not good enough as you are now to appear in family photos. You're just as worthy as everyone else!
  • flfi
    flfi Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you, wise words x You've done really well so you obviously follow your own good advice! I would love to lose 4 stone by christmas, but yes I think I would be sorely disappointed! I think a dress size by christmas would be good, I might be brave then and be in photos- worried my son will look back in years to come and think I wasn't there for the last few years lol.
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :flowerforyou:
  • traceylee1963
    Options
    ow i am in, please, this will be a awesome challenge, and i really could do with some encouragement by having others around so to say, doing the some thing. looking forward to hearing all the great results no matter how big or how small.
  • hollsleslie
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holly and I'm on track to loose 1 kg, for my ideal weight, before christmas or a bit more if I'm lucky!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm also from the UK and looking to lose as much weight as possible when I go home for Christmas to show myself off to my family! I "only" have 1.5 stone to lose, and it's purely for aesthetic reasons as I'm already in the healthy weight range, but I'm definitely up for motivating everyone!
  • ryandeceptacon
    ryandeceptacon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've been losing (and noticably so) a lot more rapidly than I expected. Probably as I've just started a new routine, but even so!

I have about 10 more pounds to go and aiming for one a week, so... However many pounds that is, I'm aiming to lose!

Anyone, feel free to add me :). Also I undergo IF, for anyone pondering when they/if view my diary. And I don't bother recording my exercise (currently swimming and doing 30DS).