Atkins

Options
Hello, looking for some friends who are also doing Atkins. I'm in the induction phase and lost 22 lbs so far. Woohoo!!! super super excited because I am feeling great and not hungry. Its the only diet that works for me. I still have 40 more lbs to go, but I know I can do this. Looking for others that are also on a weight loss journey. We can do this! We can keep each other motivated. Please feel free to send a friends request.

Good luck all

Denise

Replies

• Kosepose
    Kosepose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Added you :) I'm also on a moderately low carb diet, about 50 carbs a day, looking for friends to find motivation and recipes :)

Let's get this thing DONE! :)
  • shelialou66
    Options
    Diabetic, so I eat low carb as well. I have actually found that it is the only way I can lose. Best of luck to you and yes, trading recipe's is fun, it keeps eating low carb from getting boring. Feel free to add me, so we can encourage one another.
  • MaxiJohn55
    MaxiJohn55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I added you and if anyone else would like to add me to their list I would really appreciate it! I have only been on Atkins for a week and so far so good. I know we can do this!
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm not doing atkins per say, but I am doing low-carb and just keeping an eye on calories. Eh, the whole thing confuses me. Anyway, I have about a hundred or so more pounds to lose. Please add me if you like.

~Cindy~
  • catherinec303
    catherinec303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just decided tonight that I'm going to start atkins induction in the morning!! I need atkins friends for motivation/tips!! Friend me!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Glad ya found something that's working for you! Atkins is the only thing that worked for me too. I followed the OWL rungs as I progressed so shifting into the pre-maintenance and maintenance stages were very easy.

Along the way I found the more weight I lost and the more I exercised the more my insulin resistance improved! I still need to go low to lose but I can maintain on a much higher number! 150 - 200 net grams! Been maintaining within 1 lb for 6 months now :-)
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning.. My husband and I just started Induction this morning. We have a challenge with his brother, to see who loses the most weight by Christmas. The loser goes to the winners home, and cooks and full meal (their choice) and dessert for them. I have been doing a lot of reading this weekend, trying to get as much info as i can. Any ideas, tips would be greatly appreciated.. Kat :)