75 day cycle challenge - Anyway, anyhow!!!!!

Options
Hi,

Love cycling and need a challenge..... (we are amateurs by the way!)

2 enrolled so far!! 75 days starting from Oct 18th - ends 31st December. (thats 5 days to get your mind ready!)

Target 300 MILES!!!!!! (weather permitting)

Anyway you like keep track on the message board for updates on progress and motivation!!!!!!

Anyway Good luck!!!! and stay alive!!!!

2255410.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• nautiluver
    nautiluver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I need motivation to do more cycling as cross training for my running. I might be able to pull off 300 miles. Snow isn't a problem in the desert so weather is usually not a problem. Just not sure about 30 miles a week. But I am game to give it a try.
  • TheFlem
    Options
    Hi, Nice one and welcome to the challenge... In Ireland we get some snow but its more ice that could be an issue. I will have to put some serious miles in in October and early Novemebr if I am to reach this target!!! I hope!!!!

Doing about 25 miles at week at the minute.......

That desert's go to be Hot!!!!!!! Good luck and drink plenty of water...

2255410.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • wicci
    wicci Posts: 2
    Options
    IM in ?!!!!! Easy
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in for some of that. Love the tread iron. Winter cycling can be such fun!
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    I'm in. I need help to get into a regular schedule.
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    Day One - 8 miles on rollers in the garage.
    I know this doesn't count but I also did my 1st ever cyclocross yesterday. They had a beginner race that was only one lap. I beat the 9-year old bike less than a bike length. Great fun, very hard work.
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    Day Two - 8.7 miles Total 16.7 miles
    I'm on my way. Is anyone else, doing this challege?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My cycling is on weekends, and I run and weight train during the week. I am doing the challenge, just not on the bike yet. :)
  • eaglemonster
    Options
  • eaglemonster
    Options
    Bunked off work this afternoon and put in 29 miles. Nice day seemed a pity to waste it.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 44.9
    rtjonespe 16.7

Copy, modify and paste!

Hope I got everyone. Good luck

ps. I now ache!
  • eaglemonster
    Options
    Bunked off work this afternoon and put in 29 miles. Nice day seemed a pity to waste it.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 44.9
    rtjonespe 16.7

Copy, modify and paste!

Hope I got everyone. Good luck

ps. I now ache!
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    Got a ride in after dark. It is quite peaceful then, but I almost ran over a skunk and a number of rabbits. I rode for 59 minutes 15.5 miles. Because of travel for work and swim meets for the kids, the next chance to ride will be Saturday evening.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 44.9
    rtjonespe 32.2
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    Eaglemonster: Thanks for starting the string for everybody to update. I wish I had thought of that. I liked your post with a link to your workout. I really thought it was cool to see where you had ridden.
  • eaglemonster
    Options
    Couldn't help myself... it wasn't raining!
    http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/729526
    19.91 miles. now i think i am broken!

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 64.86
    rtjonespe 32.2
  • eaglemonster
    Options
    nice day for it. bit cold!
    http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/733397
    http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/733398

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 83.59
    rtjonespe 32.2
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm in but i don't know if it's fair for me to be in because i bike commute about 60m/wk not counting pleasure riding...
  • cathmack
    Options
    Hi to you all

I would like to join you

I did 40 miles last weekend and 35 miles today
  • rtjonespe
    Options
    kayemme: I'm not the guy that set this up but I would say, log the miles you do in addition to your commute. The idea behind the challenge is to get people out and riding. So this would be encouraging you to do more than just your commute.

cathmack: I think this is a pretty loose group so I took the time to add your mileage below. It will be your job to keep it updated.

I got out to ride today on my tandem with my 11 year old son on the back. He is normally pretty skitish on the open road, but doesn't mind riding on the back of the tandem with dad. We roade out to McDonalds where he got a milk shake and fries. He took his water bottle out of the holder and put his milk shake in it. He also put fries in my rear jersey pocket. So as we rode home he ate fries and drank a shake. We thought that was pretty funny since we were out doing some healthy. 25 slow miles in a pretty strong wind

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/kml/LB5N4EFG5ELQ2TDPYQTEDWHXP4

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 83.59
    rtjonespe 57.4
    cathmack 75
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Is i to late to join I need something to do on the days I am not doing c25K. I am doind anything I can to lose weight right now. I am not sure how to track the miles but I know the distance of my normal running route so I might just use that.