Stuck at same weight for 18 days

Options
tracievenablemccann
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I started the diet on the 9/23 weight 209 . Today is 10/18 and I have been stuck at 204 since 9/30 the weight will not budge. I have been below my calories everyday. I feel bloated ! I started probiotics it helps some but I still feel like I have a tire around my belly. Any suggestions? I have went to 202 and the next day went right back to 204. HELP!!!

Replies

• CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First total congrats for the 5 lb lost and keep plugging away and posting here.

A few thoughts...

Are you exercising? If you are, you could be building muscle which weighs more than fat. Do you feel a difference in your clothes?
    Are you drinking enough water?
    How many calories are you eating. If your not feeding your body enough it will hold on to the weight.\
    Have you taken your measurements? I lost a lot of inches before I lost much weight. But honestly my weight loss has come .2 .5 .8 a lot of the time. Each bitty loss adds up to bigger numbers!

If you friend me, I'll be happy to look at your food log and see if I can see anything.

I loose then gain back 2 lbs then loose a little more than gain back a bit. It's like going down on a step on a ladder and back up and down a step lower.

You are doing great! Keep at it!

Blessings,
    Carla
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Carla has some good points. I cannot say enough about drinking water. It is crucial. You should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces. I usually drink more and I never feel bloated. I am an ex-soda drinker who always felt bloated.
    Congrats on the five pounds!
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Are your scales working properly?

Also - do you track your menstrual cycle? That can have a huge impact.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Either eat less calories or burn more to eat more. Definitely drink more than 1/2 your body weight in oz for water. I started out @ 236, which would mean that I should be drinking 15 cups/day, but I've been drinking 20/day even to this day @ 61 lbs lighter---the same amount of pop that I used to drink a day.

Monitor your progress to see how your foods are behaving with the scale daily, just to see if you are on the right track. Sometimes, you just need to up your potassium to get rid of the sodium by eating more bunny foods (salads).

Add me if you'd like! :)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything, measuring only the liquids? Do you log everything that you put into your mouth (incl supplements, liquid calories, vegetables)? Do you pick generic items like ham sandwich from the database or do you itemise your entries (bread, spread, ham all separate)? If you are doing any exercise and you log it here and eat it back, you might find that MFP is actually overestimating calories burned.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am not a stickler for macros, nothing against it, I look at them when I had this problem. You may be below your calories, but eating all you sodium. You could be retaining water. Even after you cut your sodium down to about 1/2 consistently, it can take about 3 days to get that out of your system. I like turkey pastrami with mustard, both are high in sodium.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    18 days is not a long time. Try upping your water intake, keep doing what you're doing and hitting your calories, eat more protein/less carbs and sodium and see if it has any effect.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Personally, I increase my exercise a bit when I get frustrated with the scale not moving, and it works every time.
  • alexismcgaffin
    Options
    Your diary is not set to public so I can't see it, but what is your daily calorie goal? Mine was automatically set to 1200 which was too low and I stalled. Then everybody told me to try the TDEE-20% method and I figured out I was supposed to be eating a lot more calories. As soon as I did I saw the scale go down the next day. When you don't eat enough calories your body goes into panic mode because it thinks it's starving and starts to hold on to calories. Also, it starts to slow and shut down functions, the first of which is usually your metabolism. I was really scared to up my calories because I thought it would slow down my progress even more but it's actually working.
This discussion has been closed.