Any teachers out there?

Options
I am a new teacher and new (ish) to MFP.

I'm looking for people who are good motivators and looking for motivation in return.

I'd like some teacher friends who might show me how they balance work and health, but you don't have to be a teacher to friend me :).

Thanks!

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'll bump this for you! I'm a retired teacher and know, like a lot of jobs, how demanding teaching is. There are lots of teachers on MFP and you will find some who will help you find the balance. I see you are a new teacher, so a word of advice: make sure you take some time for yourself. The job is never done, but you'll be much more effective if you set aside some time for you. It'll make it easier to meet your fitness goals, too! All the best to you!!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in my last year of college, so I'm doing my student teaching/internship right now!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both teachers and busy parents (kids 3,5) . With the help of this website and exercise we have managed to turn things around :) Feel free to add me
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to teach first grade and now I teach at a daycare, working with one year olds (found I like this age much more). It's draining and consuming and I love (almost) every minute of it. Good luck on your journey! It's tough - but hang in there!!!!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher! I'm in my third year teaching reading at an elementary school. Love some friends with similar schedules!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and there is a group for us on here.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'll bump this for you! I'm a retired teacher and know, like a lot of jobs, how demanding teaching is. There are lots of teachers on MFP and you will find some who will help you find the balance. I see you are a new teacher, so a word of advice: make sure you take some time for yourself. The job is never done, but you'll be much more effective if you set aside some time for you. It'll make it easier to meet your fitness goals, too! All the best to you!!

Great advice above
  • dancephysics
    Options
    I'm kind of a teacher. I'm an educator at a museum. And I added you!
  • annabarratt1
    Options
    I am a Lecturer (FE) and also have a social work qualification. Does that count? I, even though I say it myself am doing really really well ... I started off at nearly 12 stones and now I am 11 Stone 2 lbs. Just keep motivated .... that's all I can say!!!:laugh:
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am a middle school math, science and social studies teacher. Feel free to message me or add me. This site has been very helpful for me.
  • Keena7656
    Options
    I'm a teacher :). Have been for 24 yrs. Special ed/deaf ed for 12 yrs, First grade for 10 yrs & I'm currently at the HS level as a discipline coordinator. Welcome to MFP. Friend request me if you'd like :).
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am an absent minded professor, does that count? I can always use new MFP friends, feel free to add me (any of you) if you want.
  • tinamatthenson
    Options
    I am a SPED teacher. I teach the severe and profound kiddos. I am new-ish to MFP. Going on my 3rd week.
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    Thank you! I am really enjoying the year thus far, and definitely appreciate your advice. That's why I'm here, just making myself a priority again :)