5'2-5'3-5'4 - What is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• Siobhan3240
    Options
    I am 5'4 d I have a goal weight of 140, I am not made to be tiny. When I get to 140 I will decide then if I wanna go lower. I just want to be fit and healthy and be at a normal weight.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3" and my goal weight is 150 . I haven't weighed that since I was 15 ... I'm 47 now so I can't imagine being smaller than that . I guess I'll know when I get there if that's the right size.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my first goal was 120. When I hit that, I decided to go for 110 then maintain there or slightly below, which I've done (I'm currently 107ish). I'm aware that it's sensible to go to about 5lbs less than you want to maintain at before switching properly to maintainance because that's the amount that your body puts back on naturally when you stop restricting to below BMR (and that is also why you lose so much in the first week or so of a diet change), which means that I will probably hit 102 before switching my calories up by another 100. Happily, at my height, 102 is also the weight at which I can't lose any more without becoming 'underweight' according to my BMR, because I would find it difficult to reconcile purposely becoming 'underweight' however termporarily.

I also work on my fitness as that is very much part of my goal; I am doing the 30 Day Shred (a form of HIIT) while slightly restricting calories, and also running about three times a week (I consistently run 5k in less than 30 minutes, and am very close to being able to Galloway a half-marathon).

I hope that helps. :)
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 with a small frame currently weighing in at 124.5lbs and my goal weight is somewhere around 108-112lbs!
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is around 105-115. I'm more interested in fitting old clothes than hitting a specific weight.
  • musicmorah
    musicmorah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'3" here er, maybe 5'2"and 3/4...goal weight is 120...started off at 140. I am at 125 now. I am pretty curvy, so I don't know if it's physically possible to get down any lower. These last 5 lbs. are very hard. I have a small waist but definitely an hourglass with breasts and hips. I don't think 115 would be attainable! Good luck, everyone!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Goal weight is currently set at 125.

At 18, I weighed 105 soaking wet.

I'm 50 now. In July I started back on MFP determined to turn myself around while I still could. My weight was 166.7. As of Tuesday it is 149.6. I'm not stopping until I succeed.

To the younger ones here, don't let your weight get away from you. Do something about it now. It becomes much more difficult with time.
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" ...my goal is 133-140 ... :)
  • naparker333
    naparker333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3 and 5'4. At my recent lowest (after children) of 150, I was about a size 6. Not sure why that is...I would expect that to be much bigger, at that weight given how short I am. I'm now at the beginning bits of menopause, and I'm thinking I'll be happy with around 165-170....but I'm optimistic. i just want to look and feel better!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Im aiming for 135, then ill adjust it when I get there.

Edited to add im 5'3.5

Same goal weight. I'm 5'4.5"
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3" and CW fluctuates from 132-136. I suspect the fluctuation is due to nighttime munchies. I just revamped my weight loss plan, so I'm hoping I'll begin to see a steady drop in weight.

GW is 120-125. Before I started college I weighed 114. Comparing pics between these weights, I think I look more healthy at 120-125.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'3" Here. Started at 169, currently at 130 and aiming for 119. I don't think I could get any lower than that. 119 would be 50 pounds lost, which I would be ecstatic with!
  • abickford82
    Options
    5'4, but I have a large body frame so it depends. I'm 149 right now, and would love to see 125 by this time next year. However, according to weight charts with my frame it says I should weigh no less than 134, but doctors have said about 130 is attainable. So we'll see.
  • FrankieB127
    FrankieB127 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'3" and want to get back into size 4/6 (pre-baby #2 size).

I was 123 lbs before I got pregnant but I'm doing more weight lifting and less cardio this time around (versus tons of cardio and minimal weight lifting to lose pregnancy weight from #1) because I want a more sculpted, athletic look. My guess is my weight will still be somewhere in the 120's to achieve the look I want and size goal, but I don't have a specific number in mind.
  • pansyviolet
    Options
    I am 65 with medium frame. Since July 27th I have lost 18 pounds. My goal is around 150, want something I can live with for the rest of my life.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm 43, one child, 5 ft 4.5 in. Goal weight 125 lbs or BMI 21. But will reassess when I reach it (my frame size is medium but I may decide I still look good at BMI 20).
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5'4 and 42. My current goal is 154lb (70kg) I started out at 230lb (104kg) I havn't been lower than 165lb since i was 18 so I have NO idea what my frame actually is or how I will look untill I get there. But my theory is.. wait till I get there then reevaluate my goals.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my original goal was 120.

After reaching that goal I changed it to 115, and now that Im almost 115 I might make it 110.

LOL...soo, to answer the question -- probably 110?
  • abernero2536
    Options
    I'm 5'4, my goal weight is 115lbs. I was 108 lbs last year and I just felt sickly and fragile. I didn't have any curves! I went home for Christmas and my family was telling me how sick and awful I looked, they were worried.

The funny thing is, I didn't try to lose the weight last year , it just happened. Now here I am a year later at 124, and no idea what I did differently to gain it. I'm just sick of feeling like I have no control over my body. (And having 4 different pants sizes to cycle through...) I want to get to 115 lbs and STAY THERE!
  • basil1975
    basil1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At 38 yrs old, I am just barely 5' 3" with a medium frame. My goal weight is 135 - I was here 5 or 6 years ago, but it has been steadily creeping up ever since. I am currently at 170, my highest weight ever, not including pregnancy. When I was last at 135, I was working out 3x per week and was pretty toned. If I can get back to that, I will be quite content. :smile:

I agree with the posters who are advising the younger women not to let their weight get away from them. It is harder to lose as you get older, especially if you add in the stress and busy-ness of family life.