Healthy food/ high in calories.

Options
What are some healthy foods that are high in calories? I need to start getting my intake up higher, and I'm not resorting to low quality food that is high in calories to meet my goal each day.

Replies

• keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nuts, wholegrains, milk.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Nuts, avocados, uncured (nitrate free) bacon ... whole eggs ...

ETA: Cheese (like the yummy stuff from the specialty section, not the crap it the package in the dairy section ...) full fat dairy
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not a big nuts fan.
    Avocados sound good though!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    nuts, nut butters, use olive oil in cooking, eggs, eat red meat, eat fatty fish like salmon and tuna, avocados, legumes, grains like quinoa and brown/wild rice/bulgar/millet, etc...eat and drink full fat dairy...full fat salad dressings, etc. Dietary fat is a highly essential macro-nutrient and most "dieters" try to cut way too much out.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Rice, pasta, nuts, butter, chocolate milk, granola....
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nut butters :)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, cheese, avocado, cheese, nuts, eggs (whole),
  • Josie035
    Options
    Wholegrain pastas and brown rice as they are high on calories but low in fat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Wholegrain pastas and brown rice as they are high on calories but low in fat.

There is nothing wrong with dietary fat....it is an essential macro-nutrient. People who go low fat/fat no fat have shown to have an increased risk of heart disease and other issues. While I would agree that whole grains are a good way of getting more calories, I do not agree that they are good because they are low in fat. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat...the '80s are over, lets move on.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Avocado, almonds, greek yogurt, aged cheese and salmon! mmmm salmon
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    While eating all of these throughout the week, aren't you all over in your fat macros? To be honest I worry about that daily. I go over my fat limits everyday. I never know if what MFP has set for the fat macros is right, and I don't know how to figure out for myself how many fats I should eat per day? Do you guys go over? Is that not too big of a worry for you?