am i eating too much?

Options
Sometimes I feel like I eat way more in the day than I should. I'm 5'4 and weigh 60kg/9stone7. I log all the exercise I do and eat back these calories but when I look back at my diary sometimes it looks like I've eaten way too much. I want to loose a pound a week until I get to 8stone12/9stone. My goal calories for the day is 1,450 + any exercise I do, does this sound right? I also don't know whether to be focusing on toning up and doing weight training exercises rather than loosing weight because my BMI seems to be fine but I am not as yet completely comfortable with my figure. Just wondering if anyone can help.

Replies

• AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Strength training is great for melting off the excess weight to reveal the muscle underneath. I can't wait to start- just need to save up for the gym fee.

As for calories- I still have 60lbs to go, and I have a goal of 1650, which is my TDEE minus 20%. I set my activity level at sedentary so I eat back half of my exercise calories. If you're not sure of what you should be eating you can always find a TDEE calculator and minus 20% from your BMR total.
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Not sure if I can help you but I wanted to say that I'm almost exactly like you, 5'4 and 58kg, and I eat 1700 and no exercise calories.
    So I don't think you eat too much.
    Weightloss has been slow but kind of steady and like you I don't want to lose much, just get a nicer body.

You can add me if you like, it would be cool to have you as my "twin" :)
  • jessocoppo1
    Options
    I'm a bit new to this sorry how would I work out my TDEE?
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    I'm a bit new to this sorry how would I work out my TDEE?

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Just plug in your weight, height and activity level and it will tell you! I did mine as little or no exercise and then subtracted 20% from the number. If you don't want to have to eat back your exercise calories you can set it to lightly active or active, depending on your situation.
  • jessocoppo1
    Options
    nevermind worked it out thanks for your help! :)
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm on my phone so I can't send you the link but look in the forum here for "in place of a roadmap" it will help you a lot with TDEE and stuff!
  • jessocoppo1
    Options
    thank you! :) ill take a look :)
  • TammyGKRN
    Options
    I actually do not eat back my exercise kcals!! That puts me in the deficit I need to loose the weight. I keep my kcals at around 12-1300 and super clean eating!! I am 5'7 and weigh about 165! That is actually plenty of kcals and I just make sure I am eating every few hours.. You gotta try several different things and see what works the best for your body.. And most deff add in weight training!! Nothing burns fat better than muscles!! I do it at least twice a week and sometimes 3 times depending on how many other classes I do!! Just find a balance for you!!
  • asaunders0923
    Options
    I actually do not eat back my exercise kcals!! That puts me in the deficit I need to loose the weight. I keep my kcals at around 12-1300 and super clean eating!! I am 5'7 and weigh about 165! That is actually plenty of kcals and I just make sure I am eating every few hours.. You gotta try several different things and see what works the best for your body.. And most deff add in weight training!! Nothing burns fat better than muscles!! I do it at least twice a week and sometimes 3 times depending on how many other classes I do!! Just find a balance for you!!

Yes! She is correct!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options

You don't eat your exercise cals but you eat 1200-1300 a day? What is your net?