New User

Options
I'm 29 y/o and my PCP highly suggested I use this app to try to start losing weight. I had a stroke this past March and due to my being overweight, I have hypertension now. I'm on many meds now and along with depression from the stroke...I need as much support as possible. I also have FB.

Replies

• AKEBONOJR
    Options
    Wow, that sounds really tough. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with but its good that your taking a positive step to get your health on track! I suffer from depression as well so I feel you there. Good luck!
  • anonymousgirl143
    Options
    I am new as well! We may have days that arent so good but we just have to keep trying!
  • voyerboyzmom
    voyerboyzmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Newbie here! Thought I could do this on my own with the app on my phone.....clearly need some motivation & accountability. :yawn:
  • aquahoney
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too. Just found thus app today, so thought I'd try it. Looking forward to keeping better track of my intake and exercise.
  • DelzMarie
    Options
    I've used this app in the past but now I'm determined to stick with it. It really helps. Can't wait to be healthier!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you might have a family history with heart problems. Well, you just have to do just like the rest of us, and logg everything you eat, and drink 8 or more glasses of water a day.
    Logging in to My Fitness Pal every day, can take some getting used to. Not to mention the trolls that sometimes, post in the forum.
    I recommend 'excesaize', :) a gentle walk, outside to get some fresh air for a minimum of twenty min a day to help on depression. A new hobby, to spark your interest...photography, painting, or learn a new language, for instance. There's also different groups you can join on here, to help you towards your goals.
    Also, a lot of articles, on usefull and not so usefull information, is posted by the MFP team, on a regular basis, and is perfect for bed time reading. Zzzz
    Either way, I hope you will learn a lot from MFP, and I wish you all the best on your journey.
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hey allison, i joined this site like a month ago and ive found it really helpful!! im 33 and recently got put on meds for hbp when i went to a clinic and my bp was so high they thought i was going to stroke. i'm familiar with depression too. I wish you tons of luck and feel free to add me! i keep and honest diary thats open to friends and i try to give support as often as possible, welcome to MFP!! :smile: