Protein or other snack ideas??

Options
2»

Replies

• Iggy1992
    Iggy1992 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im at home all the time (unless out walking or gyming) so this isnt really an issue for me.

But thinking about it got the idea of a little tin of tuna for a snack??

Light crackers with tomato slices?

Try baking oat biscuits?

Basic vegie soups?

Not really sure what else you could have, and i'm afraid I don't know the calories for any of these :(
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you need to steer clear of dairy, try some edamame. You can buy them fresh, frozen, in the pod or shelled...I buy them in the freezer section. Cook the whole bag and add a little seasoning if you like. Then pop them in containers for a quick grab or add into something. I do eat them cold, room temp and hot... protein and carb combo. Protein shakes or bars that are low carb and calorie...EAS, Atikins and a few South Beach items. Different nut butters, not just peanut butter...almond butter's yummy and comes in little packets. Do ahead, grab some celery, or an apple with either of them. My favorite, because it reminds me of eating caramel apples, crunchy peanut or almond butter on an apple. I'll often grab the apple for a quick "grab and go" and then just spoon on the pb or ab. Very satisfying until I get to my dinner, for sure! Hope these help.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!!
  • 7SlotFever
    7SlotFever Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a large hard boiled egg and a handful of grapes as a snack.
    Often for a little protein punch I'll grab a couple of slices of roasted turkey (30 cal per slice) and roll them up either plain or with a green onion in the middle or with a Velveeta slice (40 cals) divided in half and split between two wraps with onion. Or the same thing with sliced ham. Great Value brand is what I normally buy.

OR, you could cook an additional chicken breast or two next time and slice off however many ounces you want and add a little fruit to it for a snack. Any lean meat that you've had for dinner could be measured and set aside for a nice afternoon snack. Just be sure to add in your fruit or carbs for the little energy boost too.