Junk food is my worst enemy!

Options
I've always had a sweet tooth and lately it had been bad, I didn't watch what I ate or how much of it, and I paid the price. I've gained a lot of weight, and I'm not sure how to work on not eating all the junk food and big portions I'm used too, I know it takes time, but it's hard, and I don't want to punish myself, but how do you gain self-control?!

Replies

• joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You have to decide your priorities and get your head in the right place. If you are not really 100% wanting to do this, then self control will be hard. You are 19 - I am 48 and I have only just got to the right place so don't beat yourself up about it - it may take some time!!!

What worked for me was health issues - it finally dawned on me the damage I was doing to my body - and when my knees started to really ache I knew I had to do something. We all have our triggers - for some its wanting to look good or to fit into a certain dress for an occasion. To keep going, you need to have a long term goal - so pick one - it may be one you think you may never reach but have it in the back of your mind anyway. Have short term goals too so that you can feel a sense of achievement regularly.

All the best with your new journey!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    i don't mean this in a negative way toword you, i deal with this struggle as well. I have to tell myself very often this little saying. It helps me.

I want to be fit more then i want that cake.
  • hillarysmith21
    hillarysmith21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're so right, that's exactly it. When it comes down to it, you just have to decide that you are in control now, and the chocolate is great, but you feeling better about yourself is greater.