Eating Foods You Love Still Losing Weight!Anyone!

Options
Isn't it great that even if we're cutting our calories and working out we can still eat the same foods that we love. I find it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. it's like, even if I still eat junk foods or sodas i am still losing weight even with or iwithout exercise. I just have to eat in moderation. :D

How bout you? Do you still eat the same foods that you love and still lose weight?

Replies

• candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Yep

IIFYM - JFDI!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    *waves and jumps up and down* Me! Me! Me! Thank goodness!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    YESS although the one thing I won't eat is chinese takeout. I can't even begin to guess or estimate how much oil is in my favorite tofu & broccoli dish..probably a scary, scary amount. So I've sadly said goodbye for now :) But I've managed to eat pizza and bagels occasionally and still lose weight. winwinwinwin.
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm having gnocchi for dinner and hot chocolate afterward. Happy girl! Down almost 4kg in my first month here :)
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For me the easiest and best thing that works is having 2 of my 'usual' meals (say breakfast and lunch) and then have a whey shake and banana for dinner. With all the snacks in between.

Just replacing 1 meal with a shake and fruit has worked great for me. I love that I can still eat the things I enjoy :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation, portion size and avoiding eating out. This is my new way of eating. As long as I stay within my calories for the day it works for me.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat it all, drink it too. ;)

The fewer the rules the better ... Grains, legumes, dairy? Pile 'em up!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese, and most other ethnic foods. They are in the same calorie range as pizza. 1/4 of a thin crust box pizza is about 300 calories. 1 cup of most stir fry is about the same. Plan ahead, and have it when you want it. Totally avoiding it could do more damage to long term success than having it occasionally. The MSG and salt are more likely to show immediate weight gain than the damage of the oil long term. If you eat it, give yourself about 3 days to get the retained water out of your system before assuming that the increase on the scale is real weight gain as opposed to water retention.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I approve of this thread.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Totally! I eat the same way I always have and the only real adjustment I've made is to weigh and measure everything and control my portion size.

What a revelation!
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I approve of this thread.
    LOL.⬆⬆

YEAH EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!!@Mitzigan94:drinker:
    AND Drinking tea helps too!:wink:
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I eat exactly the same diet due to medical restrictions, I eat whatever I want but exercise more, since started logging on MFP am shedding 3 lbs per week.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat exactly the same diet due to medical restrictions, I eat whatever I want but exercise more, since started logging on MFP am shedding 3 lbs per week.

awesome! Good for you!:)
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    Yum, just had my koko krunch cereal and milk lol..
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I would explode if I couldn't indulge in a pumpkin spice latte or soon to come peppermint mocha! :3 I love that there is nothing in my daily routine that's forced for the sake of my diet. I feel right, I feel right.
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    Yes!! I would explode if I couldn't indulge in a pumpkin spice latte or soon to come peppermint mocha! :3 I love that there is nothing in my daily routine that's forced for the sake of my diet. I feel right, I feel right.

thumbs up!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm a moderation girl. It works for me.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Yep. Have self-starved in the past, over excercised at times and never been happy with food, because it always felt like it was all too complicated. Now I eat what I want, though I try not to go too high fat/sugar too often and try to think of the fibre content, and I've lost 25 kg in 298 days. I drink wine. I eat chocolate. I go out to eat. I went to Asia for two weeks....

I win :P In fact, we all do, because this is a victory, learning to eat like this!
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I've also found new foods I like that I didn't think I would. So that's a plus. I still eat my chocolate everyday. Today was some halloween candy. Yum. In moderation is the only way to go. Its unrealistic to say I'll never have ice cream or fast food again.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat it all.