Mid morning snack

Options
2»

Replies

• lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to need a mid-morning snack, but I always need a 3 o'clock slump snack! Though in fairness I have breakfast at about 8.30am, lunch at 12.30pm, snack at 3pm and then dinner isn't until about 6.30pm/7pm so I think given the gap I would have between lunch and dinner if I didn't have a snack its not surprising I need one.

I normally have either a yoghurt or a small bag of chocolate covered nuts/raisins. Usually costs me almost 250cals but I have it built into my daily allowance so thats ok!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    For many it is thirst rather than hunger. I keep a 32 oz bottle of water with me all the time. I drink btw 12 - 24 cups of water a day. Very few times do I want to snack but if I do, it is usually a cheese stick with celery, cottage cheese, Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt (lowest carbs and calories with high protein) quest bars, Isopure Zero Carb - Protein Drink - Any Flavor, 1 bottle (20 fl. oz) and only 160 calories.

For me eating carbs only makes me hungrier, protein fills me up and keeps me feeling full for hours. I usually have coffee, the yogurt over sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons for fruit and nut bare naked granola for breakfast, I have the Isopure Zero Carb - Protein Drink - Any Flavor, 1 bottle (20 fl. oz) for lunch, then enjoy supper usually baked pork loin, chicken or fish with veggies, rice or potatoes. This week I have been enjoy Good Humor lite York ice cream bars for dessert.

I keep carbs at 100 or less and protein at 100 or more. I am losing fat rather than muscle doing this.
  • garethmooreuk
    Options
    I refill my water cup and make sure to drink at least half (8oz.). Usually I am not really hungry but actually thirsty.

I'm going to try that...drink water to see if that curbs my craving! Thanks

It does work!
    I agree. I'm convinced that the amount of water I've been drinking has helped me lose all the weight I have.

However if I do get a bit hungry, I find tuna helps me.
  • katztwins
    Options
    On mornings I exercise I come home from the gym and have a spoonful of almond butter to get some protein and fat in before I get ready and that is usually around 7am. By 8am if not a little before I have a smoothie with Isagenix protein in it.
    I have typically been hungry around10-:10:30 and I have begun to think its mental but have always eaten something.
    Its typically hummus and celery or cucumbers.
    Today I am trying to be good and drink water/ green tea and or chew a piece of gum to tide me over. I typically go to lunch around 12-12:30pm

I did have 5 raw almonds just to chew on something a few minutes ago. Here is to hoping this all makes a difference.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I always, ALWAYS, have a yogurt and a banana. And usually another cup of black coffee.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A cheese stick and some almonds or peanuts. I have to eat every 3-3.5 hrs to make sure my blood sugar doesn't drop too much so I have always snacked.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast around 7:30. By 1030-1100, I am hungry and I eat my snack (greek yogurt and a piece of fruit). Then around 1230-1300 I have lunch. I am constantly drinking water or tea between these times, so I feel comfortable saying I don't think it's thirst (this is just MY opinion on my own internal cues).
  • pgoodt1994
    pgoodt1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day. Low carb days 1200 calories. High carb days 1500 calories. Cheat day Sunday. Seems to be working well for me. Just about the time you start getting hungry it is time to eat again.