Hello there!

Options
Brand new to this. My wife showed me this and I am doing as I am told. So far this is a very useful site. I am a little disappointed in how little I am "allowed" to eat now that I am actually counting calories toward my goal. I think I am going to starve not being able to eat like I used to, but the its worth it all in the end, right? Please say yes!

Michael

Replies

• Blindmethod
    Options
    Brand new to this. My wife showed me this and I am doing as I am told. So far this is a very useful site. I am a little disappointed in how little I am "allowed" to eat now that I am actually counting calories toward my goal. I think I am going to starve not being able to eat like I used to, but the its worth it all in the end, right? Please say yes!

Michael
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome, you will do just fine:smile:
  • carmenberard
    Options
    Way to go Micheal, I've been trying to get myfiance on her forever (ever since I've begun feeding him he's put on 25lbs...they say that's normal for newlyweds (or newly practically living together as the case may be) though).

Once you put in your exercise it actually gets alot better, plus I would start with trying to lose 1/2 lb a week, not the reccommended pound- that helped me alot in the beginning.

Good luck,

Carmen
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Welcome, Michael! You are going to enjoy using this site and all the support from everyone. All the success stories are very motivating! First, you might try to eat more fiber and drink lots of water...both subdue appetite! Second, try to post what you are going to eat before it actually goes into your mouth. I've actually changed food choices or portions after seeing the numbers! Stick with it! Good luck!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Welcome Michael...its won't be as hard as you think. I thought the same thing, but you will be shocked at how much you think twice about eating things just knowing that you will be logging it later. I will get something "bad" out of my kitchen and think..."do I really wanna have to log that in later?" its helpful. Anyway, good luck to you, and remember, you have a great support system here. Everyone is or has gone thru everything...there will always be someone who "knows" You will do fine!!!
  • robertsmb9
    Options
    Hey Michael -- Just my suggestion, but go with an Adkins/South Beach type program. I did weight watchers years ago (I'm told that was the old weight watchers -- and I starved to death!!!) Some think that Adkins was discredited, but just this week on ABC evening news, Adkins was found to be the most effective diet and it reduced cholesterol and blood sugars better than a traditional weight watchers or a "mediterranian" diet.

All I know is -- I eat a lot less, I'm not hungry, I feel better, I don't have cravings, and my blood pressure dropped, my sugar level dropped and my cholesterol dropped -- all while I'm loosing weight. You basically have to run away from carbs to start.

I also joined the YMCA two weeks ago and I'm having a blast working out because you can eat more and still lose weight. Give it a try. I may sound like a groupie for the no carb diets, but it works without the hunger pangs -- and I don't care what the nay sayers say -- it's a healthy diet -- just go for the fish and chicken over the fatty red meats as much as possible.

Good luck --- I'm in week 3 and I'm down 8 pounds and that's with blowing it two weekends with a wedding and a big party. Try to stay away from the booze too -- that's a weight loss stopper.

Mike R
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome! i thought the same thing as you when i started this (and it hasn't been that long), but now after only 5 days, i'm having a hard time using up all my calories. especially if i do any exercise! i think when you start writing things down that you eat, it makes you more conscious of what you are eating... and finding out better choices.. one little thing for 100 calories, or a whole lot of something else for same amount of calories.
  • back2beingme
    Options
    Welcome! :heart:
  • Blindmethod
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I am really looking forward to working with this site toward my goal. It really is a lot easier to try and take on knowing that I have this much support and I thank you all in advance.

Just today I have already blown my suggested calorie intake, but my main page says that if I continue like this then in 5 weeks I should be down to 205. Thats 6 pounds less than I am now. Knowing this and that if I can stay to my calorie and increase my exercise will have even greater benefits is definately a motivator!