Just a few rules for newbies and 2nd/3rd timers.....

Options
1. it is NOT a journey! A journey has and ending. It's a lifestyle.
2. Forget the diet pills and fat burners. If you take any pill, take vitamin D. Scientifically proven to
help you feel fuller.
3. If the scales get stuck. Shake up your routine. The body becomes complacent your metabolism can
get bored.
4. Most of you aren't trying to become elite body builders.....do cardio AND weights to balance yourself out.
Cardio will burn calories for just a little while after your workout. Lifting can actually burn calories up to 48 hours later.
5. Have fun. When you get bored with your routine...your body gets bored and you also may lose interest.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fitness or nutrition instructor. Your results may vary and there are easily people in here more knowledgeable than me!

edit for #6. DO NOT weigh every day. it will blow your mind and lower your ego how that scale fluctuates every day. Focus on weekly or every two weeks.

Replies

• happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    good post..just one thing i wud like to know.
    U hv mentioned tht if the scale get stuck, shake up ur routine. how??? i am facing the stuck scale problem at the moment and am really in a fix. Any suggestions??
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks for that :)

ERm.... i just bought a new scale when mine got stuck :tongue:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Great advice :)
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ever since biggest loser fat people everywhere call weight loss a journey.. Its not a journey its a new healthy lifestyle.

Any Journey pics?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    good post..just one thing i wud like to know.
    U hv mentioned tht if the scale get stuck, shake up ur routine. how??? i am facing the stuck scale problem at the moment and am really in a fix. Any suggestions??

When I was losing...I got stuck after 16lbs. I was doing Elliptical twice a day at home. 30 min in the morning, 30 min in the evening. I was stuck for 2, almost 3 weeks and staying under my calorie goal. I decided then to shake it up. Stayed off the Elliptical for a week, started lifting and running and went to our local high school track and jogged bleachers until I could barely feel my legs anymore. 1 week later the scale moved again. I consider that my break through week. I was never so thankful to get back on the elliptical twice a day.
  • pawnstarNate
    Options

Always a funny one in the bunch!!!! (I like that!) :tongue:
  • cmsimpson74
    cmsimpson74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Rofl.

I like this post.
    For me it is a lifestyle change, especially the exercise routine. I want to continue with my daily exercise routine, hoping to start running in the spring.

Am guilty of weighing myself ,most mornings but fully aware of the fluctuations . Now themornings are getting co.der howdver I may not be quite so eager to jump on those scales :D
  • mynewlife10
    Options
    Roll Tide ;)
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    Roll Tide ;)

meh.....why do you think I got my hunting pic posted? I'm going in hiding for the rest of the season. :tongue:
  • sway1080
    sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    edit for #6. DO NOT weigh every day. it will blow your mind and lower your ego how that scale fluctuates every day. Focus on weekly or every two weeks.

Great post but love this part.
    My weight goes up and down constantly throughout the day I swear haha. I only weigh myself once a week and If I don't feel good I won't...my last weigh in I didn't weigh myself for 3 weeks then checked and I lost 2.5lbs in those 3 weeks :) Felt better that I waited.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tend to use the term journey because I don't like the term diet and I find lifestyle change to be ill-fitting and, well, pretentious. Does it really matter that I use the term journey? Just because Bilbo comes home at the end of the book doesn't mean his lifestyle wasn't changed afterward.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    No its a journey I just dont have a final destination. I continue to travel!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Rofl.

I like this post.
    For me it is a lifestyle change, especially the exercise routine. I want to continue with my daily exercise routine, hoping to start running in the spring.

Am guilty of weighing myself ,most mornings but fully aware of the fluctuations . Now themornings are getting co.der howdver I may not be quite so eager to jump on those scales :D
    I also weigh myself daily. FOR ME that's a good thing. I see the fluctuations and I don't freak.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Great advice!

I do, however, weight myself every single day. I think it helps to "keep me honest" when I'm eating!!! Plus I like that my scale shows me other parameters - body fat%, water, and muscle%. Sometimes my weight number doesn't change, but my body fat% went down, which is still a win in my book! :-D
  • mynewlife10
    Options
    Roll Tide ;)

meh.....why do you think I got my hunting pic posted? I'm going in hiding for the rest of the season. :tongue:

Ups and downs. UT and LSU coming up for Bama; it is going to be exciting.