calories needed?

Options
2»

Replies

• av140to114
    Options
    Also which calculators do you recommend?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I eat a TDEE-20% of 1600...when I log I change the calories burned to 1..

ETA: I don't use an online calculator tho...I used my own results and this formula

(Total calories consumed+3500*lbs lost) / # of days to lose=1995 -20%=1600

This is what I do too (but my calories are closer to TDEE - 15% for a total of 1750 per day). I just log my exercise as 1 calorie so it's there for me to track my workouts.

ETA: I use Fitness Frog, IIFYM, and Scooby, then average the numbers.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The question : hehe, what am I doing wrong?

You're being impatient. If you are sure your logging is accurate, then just be patient and give it more time.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    If you are doing only 1200 calories, then you are just plain short on needed energy.
    That is if all you do is lay in bed all day.

Your TDEE should be around 1700 - 1800 cal/day
    So for losing weight, I would say hover around 1400 - 1500 / day.

Protein intake should be 115 - 140 gr / day
    Fat should be in the range of 50 - 60 gr / day
    Your carbs you can float in either direction based on what the rest of your calories are needed.....but on the order of ~100 gr /day.
  • av140to114
    Options
    The question : hehe, what am I doing wrong?

You're being impatient. If you are sure your logging is accurate, then just be patient and give it more time.

Now that is so inconsiderate! kidding! It is the hardest part, " the waiting " to see the changes. It would be so much motivating, a drop in jean size . meh.
  • av140to114
    Options
    If you are doing only 1200 calories, then you are just plain short on needed energy.

Your carbs you can float in either direction based on what the rest of your calories are needed.....but on the order of ~100 gr /day.

yeah, it says 1700 and 25% of it comes to 1270. I think I just have to ignore the calculators and increase my intake by 200 cal and work out the same.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    When I put height weight at 30% BF into the calculator, I get 1300ish back as your BMR and 1600 as your TDEE. It seems to me your problem, really, is that you have little fat to lose, in total pounds, so your deficit ends up being very small. Other than going hyper active on the exercise, it would seem that losing 0.5 lb/week is pretty much the ballpark you're living in.
  • Stage14
    Options

How on earth did you get that the TDEE of a 140lb female who is 4'11" tall and works out 3-5 hours a week has a TDEE of 1800?
  • MityMax96
    Options

How on earth did you get that the TDEE of a 140lb female who is 4'11" tall and works out 3-5 hours a week has a TDEE of 1800?
    IIFYM.com
    And based it on 3 days of exercise.
    and TDEE came out to be 1749
  • MityMax96
    Options
    If I calculate her at 30% Body Fat, then her TDEE comes out to 1832
    Still 3 day exercise level.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    well based on what I see
    proof_zpsc508c4ad.png

you should be eating more...you are depriving your body of the nutrition is needs.

Regardless of what calculator you use 1200 isn't enough for the amount of exercise you do.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    Options
    well based on what I see
    proof_zpsc508c4ad.png

you should be eating more...you are depriving your body of the nutrition is needs.

Regardless of what calculator you use 1200 isn't enough for the amount of exercise you do.

I too set mine to 25% fat reduction thingy. that makes it show numbers nearer to 1200.
    Wouldn't she be slowing down more than 2 lbs in 2 months If increase in calories?
    similar issues, watching this thread.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    Options
    Also How important is it, to hit macros ? example - I am near my calorie goal and need 20 calories for the day. But my proteins are no where near where they should be?
  • Stage14
    Options

IIFYM.com
    And based it on 3 days of exercise.
    and TDEE came out to be 1749

Ah, ok. OP says burning 300-500 calories 5 days a week. I assumed that meant 5 days a week of working out, not 3. That's where the confusion/discrepancy is, I think.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Ah, ok. OP says burning 300-500 calories 5 days a week. I assumed that meant 5 days a week of working out, not 3. That's where the confusion/discrepancy is, I think.

Roger that.....