Pre-workout supplements - just for weights?

Options
I was given a free sample of Ripped Freak tablets, and I took one today before I did a spin class. Someone later told me it wss too dangerous to use if all I was doing was cardio.

What has everyone else heard?

Replies

• koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was given a free sample of Ripped Freak tablets, and I took one today before I did a spin class. Someone later told me it wss too dangerous to use if all I was doing was cardio.

Person is an idiot. Pre work out mainly consists of

caffeine
    creatine
    beta alanine
    citriuline malate
    taurine

If you have heart issues then generally pre work outs are to be avoided along with other things.

I've never really heard of people taking pre work outs for cardio but it doesn't mean it's dangerous. Taking coffee if you need a little pick me up is okay as well.

Koing
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If your heart is fine with it take it whenever you feel like going crazy on your workout.. I use it for kickboxing and we dont use weights there.

It is just to give you a good boost of energy. I even have friends that take it at trance parties to keep the going.
  • gizzygirlatheart
    Options
    Thanks folks! Much appreciated
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Person is an idiot. Pre work out mainly consists of

caffeine
    creatine
    beta alanine
    citriuline malate
    taurine

If you have heart issues then generally pre work outs are to be avoided along with other things.

I've never really heard of people taking pre work outs for cardio but it doesn't mean it's dangerous. Taking coffee if you need a little pick me up is okay as well.

Koing

Totally agree. Before cardio I always take beta alanine and 2 cups of coffee.
    For lifting, I take creatine, which won't necessarily help you much for cardio, but it won't hurt you either.

Perfectly safe. Question is, did it seem to help you?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I never cared for the stuff for cardio. It makes my heart pound a little too much. Its not like that for everyone though. You have to see how your body reacts to it.