Post Baby Inspiration

Options
MarieRich
MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
Looking for post-baby inspirations. My baby is 4 months old and I am struggling! Watching what I eat, breastfeedding, and some exercise. Motivate me to move my butt!

Replies

• darlajean2382
    darlajean2382 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No inspiration yet from me, but I've got a 3 month old and looking to get serious about my health and fitness. I'm finding it hard to get exercise in, but I've decided that I CAN control what I eat. So, my goal is to make healthier eating choices and to get in 30 minutes of cardio daily- even if it's just a little walk on the treadmill. Good luck in your journey- I hope others have some inspirational stories to share with us in this thread! :-)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 month old daughter. I have always been on the border of normal and overweight and totally let myself go during pregnancy and after. After baby, i went through a lot of stress and lost weight soon and again gained all of that plus some 20 pounds with all the stress eating. When i went to visit my family and friends during my vacation when my daughter was 7 months old, i could see the shock on everybody's face. I hated shopping and felt terrible. I decided that was it and started an account here in MFP this march.
    I just knew i needed to feel good about myself in order to be happy and take care of everyone around me. Its all about making 1 hour a day 4 times a week to workout and logging everything you eat in here. Does not sound too hard, isn't it? Get help from friends/hubby so that you can workout. It can also be your "ME" time.
    What also helped me was my monthly visit to my nutritionist/physician. It kept me on track knowing i was losing some 4 pounds per month. I have lost slowly but steadily from then and now i am below my pre-pregnancy weight.
    Priorities change after baby is born, but we need to work hard to keep us in there somewhere and be happy :)
    Good luck!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Remember that when your 4 month old is even 6 months old and crawling, let alone 1-2 years old and walking, getting into everything, and 3-4 running around with bundles of energy, and 5-6 starting lots of activites.... etc etc etc you need the energy. You need to be healthy and fit to keep up. And you need to work out for mental sanity - OK at least most people do :)

Take advantage of the time the baby is sleeping. You can find tons of videos online that are only 10-20 minutes. Or grab a deck of cards and do situps for every red card and pushups for every black card. It's one of my and my husband's favorite workouts to do together at home and sometimes my 6 year old joins in - until she's bored after 2 cards lol.

I know you probably are so low on energy - whether you are wokring outside the home or not you likely aren't getting much rest or time for you. Start slow and go from there.

Just take one day at a time.
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby!

My son will be 1 on Thursday and I am now 28lbs lighter than when I fell pregnant. Lost a total of 66lbs now as I gained quite a bit during my pregnancy. I just took it nice and easy, starting with walking to the shops. Then I started 30 Day Shred which was great as I could do that while baby napped. Started MFP and that helped me sort my eating out, moved on to Ripped in 30 and now doing Couch to 10K. Sometimes I pop the wee man in his pram and get out for a long walk. Slowly made changes and that meant it wasn't such a huge change all at once.

Good luck!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby!

My son will be 1 on Thursday and I am now 28lbs lighter than when I fell pregnant. Lost a total of 66lbs now as I gained quite a bit during my pregnancy. I just took it nice and easy, starting with walking to the shops. Then I started 30 Day Shred which was great as I could do that while baby napped. Started MFP and that helped me sort my eating out, moved on to Ripped in 30 and now doing Couch to 10K. Sometimes I pop the wee man in his pram and get out for a long walk. Slowly made changes and that meant it wasn't such a huge change all at once.

Good luck!

Great job on this! I'm trying to get pregnant right now and assume when I do I will only be ten pounds lighter (at max) than I am now considering I'm hoping it comes soon. I fully intend to work my butt off after to try to get lower than my pre pregnancy weight. This is a job well done!!
  • stephaninicole
    stephaninicole Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was right where you were when my son was 4 months old (currently 9 months). I was breastfeeding and expecting that great weight loss from it that everyone raves about. It just did not happen for me, I found myself hungrier now than when I was pregnant. I was struggling with finding the energy to workout and so hungry it was hard for me to keep on track with my diet. When he turned 5 months I decided it was time to get it together, I got back into the gym (took him with me), started tracking calories, and entered a weight loss challenge at the gym. I have lost 32 pounds so far, I am back at pre-pregnancy weight and have 20 more to go. You just need to find something that you enjoy and that motivates you. Find something that will get you up and going even when you are tired and help you to make the right decisions in the kitchen. Stay positive no matter what, you have a beautiful baby to be happy for :) Good Luck! It can be done.
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    DarlaJean, I have a three month old, too!

My post-baby inspiration is part vanity and part health. I want people to say "Wow, you have a baby?!" and I want to be able to keep up with my active children.
  • jessbro1977
    jessbro1977 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My daughter is four months old and breastfeeding. I also work full time and have four other daughters. The day I gave birth to my youngest I weighed 204, at 7 weeks I weighed 184, Friday I weighed in the doctors office at 169. Therefore, I am no longer obese for the first time in years and 23 pounds lighter than I was at my first prenatal visit! I started couch to 5k mid-July and ran my first 5k October 5th- I have NEVER been a runner, now I am using the 5k to 10k app. I think if I can do it and figure it out with the craziness of my life anyone can! You CAN TOTALLY DO IT!!
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!

I had a little girl on the 21st January this year and I weighed 14 stone once I had given birth. I now weigh 9 stone 10lbs. I just want you to know it does get easier, I found it hard at the beginning and thought I would never shift the weight. I was always slim before my 2 kids and yes I mad the massive mistake of letting myself go in my pregnancies.

I hated the way I looked and as I decided I was not having any more children I thought why not start to get fit again, I started my weight loss journey 6 weeks after having my little girl firstly through healthy food choices alone then I decided I was going to get some work out dvds and I have taken it from there with great success. I still have 10 lbs to lose then tone.

You can do this I work out at home when my little one is having a nap if my little boy isn't at nursery I ask him to play in his bedroom for 20-30 minutes whilst I workout then reward him by taking him to the park or something after I have finished, that way I manage to squeeze my exercise in as I find by the time they are both in bed im too tired to workout.
  • Klarini
    Klarini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My children are 4 and almost 2 years old. It was only AFTER the second pregnancy that I gained weight. All the breastfeeding could not outdo bad eating habits due to the hectic schedule I had at the time (started postgrad studies when the second baby was 3 month old).
    After 18 months I realised that I could not go like that any longer, it was not me - overweight, tired all the time, not being able to physically cope with everyday activities and chores. I started calory counting and exercising in April. I lost around 40 lbs. Now I go to the gym 6 times a week. I cannot imagine my day without some form of exercise. Even when I travel I exercise - I either find a gym close to hotel or take workout DVD with me (JM RI30, T25). My quality of life is so much better - I can do stuff with my children, I also do stuff around the house with no struggle, I never feel sluggish or tired. And the change of body shape comes as a bonus. Seriously, I feel and look so much better due to the exercise that now I think what was I thinking before, why didn't I start sooner.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Some take more time than others. My 1st time around it took me 18 months to lose 22kgs. I'm 14 months after 2nd baby & I've lost 15kgs. So I'll probably be at the 20-22kgs mark by the 18 month mark again.
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on baby! It is hard to get back on track, but most definately not impossible! My daughter is 8 months now, and the weight loss is a bit slow (I am not working out as much as I would like to), but steady!

You can do it!!!

Consentrate on what you eat, and do try and excersize too, this will make it all easier!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!