Celebrating Non Scale Victories (NSV)

After reaching goal and giving maintenance a go for a couple of weeks, I decided to celebrate my latest NSV.

Start waist size - 42"
Start bust size - 42DD
Start hip size - 42"
(making me a dangerous apple shape)
Start calf size - 17"

Todays waist size - 29.75" (first time under 30 inches in more years than I can remember)
Todays bust size - 35E
Todays hip size - 37"
(making me a more hourglass shape :happy: )
Todays calf size - 14.5"

What are your NSV's to share and celebrate?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Excellent! The under 30 inch waist is a big goal for me. It must feel amazing! I guess mine would be that I was holding a really heavy box for about a minute before I realized that I wouldn't have been able to lift is a few months ago. But my husband had a big one. He just had a PRT, and managed an excellent on all areas. He actually did better than the maximum amount (when they stop counting) on push ups and sit ups. He was so excited. He came home this morning all smiles. It was great because when we took his measurements a few days ago, he only gained 1/4 of an inch in his biceps when he wanted more (he's very impatient). He was kind of down about it, so I think this is going to boost him back up.
  • That's amazing! Mine was when I was able to run a mile for my warm up! Running a mile straight used to be such a struggle for me and now that I can do it with ease, it really pushes me to see how much further I can go.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Being able to do 30 jumping jacks in a row and 30 squats in a row, HUGE NSV's for me.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Biggest NSV for me was being asked to model for a fashion awards show last month. Pics in cocktail dresses in my profile!
  • did nautilus machines at the gym for the first time in a long time, but have been exercising consistently for about a month now and actually felt pretty good doing the machines... this really surprised me as usually when i first start them again i have to do a much lower weight then i am used to being able to do and i get super tired when i finish my set... just felt overall pretty good and reasonably strong and was pleasantly surprised with myself
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    All fantastic NSV's :drinker: Congrats to you all :happy:

My next ones need to be exercise ones!!!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    I fit into my new skirt S size! And fit into my old jeans 28 size! That made me oh so happy :)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Congrats! I had two this past week. Friday I deadlifted 100#, my first triple-digit lift... And Sunday I ran my first 5k without stopping or walking, came in at 36:19. Both kind of big deals for me. :)
  • My NSV of the week was that I did 65 pushups the other day!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    I had several huge NSV's this past two weeks:
    I wore my bikini to the beach and had a great time - wide hips, tummy, non toned thighs and all

I went to a pool party with a bunch of strangers wearing my swimsuit and no swim shorts.

My body is not perfect although I am working on improving it. But these are huge victories for me because I didn't let my weight, or my body get in the way of having the life I want or doing the things I enjoy.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I was helping the boy scouts unpack for a camp out, and I was carrying things with ease that other people could not. One of the leaders was trying to drag a canopy (on wheels), and I took it from her and carried it. The same lady and my 17 year old son were struggling to carry a loaded cooler between them, I walked over and picked it up and carried it all by myself.

Last week I stuck my head in the office at the gym to let my trainer know I was taking friday off (I am there M-F and rarely skip a day, so they worry if I don't tell them). He was with 2 clients, and told me I should take a week off...then told the clients that I had been "kicking butt" for a long time. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    You look great. Good work! I think my biggest NSV was the day I cleaned out my closet and gave a bunch of nice, but too big, clothes to a thrift store.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    You look great. Good work! I think my biggest NSV was the day I cleaned out my closet and gave a bunch of nice, but too big, clothes to a thrift store.

that is a great feeling isn't it :smile: Congrats on your success!!
  • laurennxmariee
    laurennxmariee Posts: 10 Member
    i'm able to do 45 minutes of cardio at once, whether it be on the elliptical doing the "fat burn" or "weight loss" program (which i even up the resistance and angle) or doing HIIT style running on the treadmill when before even 20 was a huuuuge struggle for me.

i did 2x12 sets on the leg press machine at 170 lbs... then proceeded to do another 3x12 at 200 POUNDS!!!!! :]]]] before this, my highest was 150 lbs and i thought that was my max. nope, very glad i proved myself wrong!!

one of the guys that works with me at the gym said i had the body of someone who worked out and that i didn't need to lose anything and i was beautiful. made my day not gunna lie :]

had an official training session with a trainer at my job and he was impressed with how i did with the really hard workout he made for me and i even surprised myself by not puking/fainting/dying like i was convinced i was going t o.

anyway those are mine from the last 2 days.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I have another one from this last week. I can wear my husband's robe and get this, it hangs closed by a good four inches of overlap from top to bottom!!!!

There was a time squeezing it closed in front of chest and belly bulge was impossible.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    1. I had to buy size 8 khaki's for work, down from a size 10
    2. My size 10 jeans are getting loose so I am close to getting a size 8 in those too
    3. My bra size has gone from a size 40 DD to 36D to DD depending on which one it is.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Oh THAT'S what NSV stands for! *blush*

I feel like an idiot.

But go you for reaching your goal and sticking to it!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    SUPER!!!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Measured my waist last week: 28" (with 38" hips, this makes me an hourglass shape)
    Also, today one of my smallest pairs of pants (size 5) was too big on me, so I went to grab a belt, and chose one I haven't worn in three years because it's so small (regardless of the fact that I'm really bloated because I have my period)